Boscam TS352 not working need help!

Reaction score
I have one ts352 here soldered for a test before touching things up. I tried it for 2 times, the first power on, the transmitter had light on and its fan was spinning. The second power on and onwards, there is no light and no fan spinning at all.

I have checked that the transmitter is on before power on, but the camera is not attached though.

Can somebody help me with this pls!

Attachments

• C360_2015-10-21-17-21-32-953.jpg
    C360_2015-10-21-17-21-32-953.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 360
I would imagine the wires touched at some point and it has blown the protection inside the Phantom. Do you have a multimeter to check this? I would insulate the wires before connecting up. use some sleeving or worse case, insulating tape.

I think i may have figured the reason why, but im sure i did not let the wires touch. Could it be no poewring because fpv mode is not enabled in the dji assistant app? I will try again tomorrow..

The power on may be due to stored charge in the drone that was able to power it on for just a while.. relevant?

I'm not sure if that one is like the ImmersionRC 600, but I know that if you turn on the Immersion WITHOUT an antenna attached you can blow it out. Did you happen to turn it on without an antenna?

Not sure what else, short of what noiseboy72 suggested...

I acquired the problem clearer now.
I have made sure the antenna is on before I power it on, so there isn't a chance it would fry, but nothing happens too.

I powered the video transmitter with an extenal battery, it turns on. Would this be the problem that occured from the downlink cable? It seems as though the P2 cannot power my transmitter through the downlink cable. What else could it be wrong?

I'm not sure if that one is like the ImmersionRC 600, but I know that if you turn on the Immersion WITHOUT an antenna attached you can blow it out. Did you happen to turn it on without an antenna?

Not sure what else, short of what noiseboy72 suggested...

Not sure... The only thing I can suggest then is to double and triple-check your wiring. Make sure everything is clipped/soldered in the right places. With the ImmersionRC you can get a "solderless" wiring harness that lets you clip it all in instead of soldering, which makes it super-easy to install. Being that it works with a battery suggests that something is up with a power lead somewhere...

Not sure... The only thing I can suggest then is to double and triple-check your wiring. Make sure everything is clipped/soldered in the right places. With the ImmersionRC you can get a "solderless" wiring harness that lets you clip it all in instead of soldering, which makes it super-easy to install. Being that it works with a battery suggests that something is up with a power lead somewhere...
Yup, i will definitely make more checks on it. Thanks for the suggestion though. Yup it is called the Plug and Play cable, which is really saving work.

What do u mean exactly by up with a power lead somewhere?

Meaning that there might be an issue where the wire that supplies power to the Boscam is either messed up somehow, loose, or connected/soldered in the wrong place, even though it worked once.
Thanks so much, kenjancef.
Will do my best at sorting them out and update it here.

I have one ts352 here soldered for a test before touching things up. I tried it for 2 times, the first power on, the transmitter had light on and its fan was spinning. The second power on and onwards, there is no light and no fan spinning at all.

I have checked that the transmitter is on before power on, but the camera is not attached though.

Can somebody help me with this pls!

With the soldered wires exposed the way you have them there is a chance you may have shorted the power together. Open the shell and check the component right in front of the cam socket as marked in the photo. If shorted I would suggest you order a new board.
2015-01-21_184122_zpsac023198.jpg

It seems like the board has fried, but everything else is working exactly fine. Since im not deciding on getting a new board yet, is it fine to fly the P2 like this? Can i use the transmitter with external battery and video output attached? And also, since this part of the board has burnt itself, will i be able to still use an iosd mini connected to the p2?
With the soldered wires exposed the way you have them there is a chance you may have shorted the power together. Open the shell and check the component right in front of the cam socket as marked in the photo. If shorted I would suggest you order a new board.
View attachment 33935

Attachments

• 20151022_142007.jpg
    20151022_142007.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 357
It seems like the board has fried, but everything else is working exactly fine. Since im not deciding on getting a new board yet, is it fine to fly the P2 like this? Can i use the transmitter with external battery and video output attached? And also, since this part of the board has burnt itself, will i be able to still use an iosd mini connected to the p2?

Eugene,

That was the power coil that shorted out when you exposed wires shorted. The circuit board cost $59.00 USD. You can still fly the P2 But to run the TX using another battery is not an ideal solution. There must be an electronic supply store in Malacca, Malaysia where you can buy a 1uH surface mounted component and solder it onto the board I have seen them on ebay.

It's 2:30am Thursday morning here in the states and I'm headed to bed.

Eugene,

That was the power coil that shorted out when you exposed wires shorted. The circuit board cost $59.00 USD. You can still fly the P2 But to run the TX using another battery is not an ideal solution. There must be an electronic supply store in Malacca, Malaysia where you can buy a 1uH surface mounted component and solder it onto the board I have seen them on ebay.[/QU
Eugene,

That was the power coil that shorted out when you exposed wires shorted. The circuit board cost $59.00 USD. You can still fly the P2 But to run the TX using another battery is not an ideal solution. There must be an electronic supply store in Malacca, Malaysia where you can buy a 1uH surface mounted component and solder it onto the board I have seen them on ebay.
Hello jason, meaning to say i can replace the component itself rather than spending another 60 dollars?

Also, why is it not ideal to power up the transmitter externally? Another concern of mine is will an OSD work anyway with the P2 in this condition? If yes, how?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4