Boscam RX-LCD5802 OSD & Aspect Ratio Issues

Reaction score
Hi,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as my searches have come back empty.

I am using a Boscam RX-LCD5802 with a 5.8G 500mW TS58500 and I get a decent image but it seems to cut off the sides of the video feed and the Mini IOSD has some of the data cropped off too.

I am also having an issue with the monitor overlaying its channel and battery level at all times which obscures the IOSD data somewhat.

Is there a way to make the video feed full screen and also remove the monitors on screen display as well.

On a side note I get a bit of interference when the Phantom is facing the wrong way over 100m (Is that normal?)

I appreciate the help and thanks in advance.
Matt

There's a setting in the OSD Assistant software to indent the sides if the data is cut off on the screen. As for losing signal when facing the other way, this has to do with the way your antenna is pointing. This is assuming you are using Spironet antennas. If not, you should be. And you should point it straight down so you will be less likely to have an issue facing one direction or the other. And remember 5.8GHz really needs line of sight visibility between TX and RX to work.

ianwood said:
There's a setting in the OSD Assistant software to indent the sides if the data is cut off on the screen. As for losing signal when facing the other way, this has to do with the way your antenna is pointing. This is assuming you are using Spironet antennas. If not, you should be. And you should point it straight down so you will be less likely to have an issue facing one direction or the other. And remember 5.8GHz really needs line of sight visibility between TX and RX to work.

Yeah I changed the settings in the Assistant Software but it did not stay, have redone it and now it is not getting cut off.
Thanks for that.

Now I have to try and find out why the image is squished and not full screen and how I can turn off the OSD of the monitor as its on all the time.

Could the video feed be changed or do I need to change the transmitter? I have seen loads of videos of people using the RX-LCD5802 and it is full screen where as mine has borders on the top and bottom. If I can get rid of these and make the image fullscreen and remove the Monitors on screen display this would be perfect.

I haven't got Spironet antennas yet but I will do to get better reception.

Re: Boscam RX-LCD5802 OSD & Aspect Ratio Issues

Mav456 said:
Mattycee said:
Hi,
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as my searches have come back empty.

I am using a Boscam RX-LCD5802 with a 5.8G 500mW TS58500 and I get a decent image but it seems to cut off the sides of the video feed and the Mini IOSD has some of the data cropped off too.

I am also having an issue with the monitor overlaying its channel and battery level at all times which obscures the IOSD data somewhat.

Is there a way to make the video feed full screen and also remove the monitors on screen display as well.

On a side note I get a bit of interference when the Phantom is facing the wrong way over 100m (Is that normal?)

Matt
What is your max range now with the setup?

That video tx could go above 2km, TS58500 is the same as TS352 500mw.
TS58200 is the new version of the TS351, TS58400 is the new version of the TS353.

Output power mesured with immersionRC RF meter:

JAZiz9L.jpg

Mav456 said:
What is your max range now with the setup?

I have not pushed it really, still a bit of a chicken if I am honest, but the highest I have been is about 110m and probably only travelled out the same distance (Though not at the same time as did I mention I am a chicken?)

Mattycee said:
Hi,

Matt

I am having this same issue. Does anyone have a fix to fit the mini iosd data on the monitor? I tried to plug my mini into my computer and make the changes but it does not work for me. Thanks

Re: Boscam RX-LCD5802 OSD & Aspect Ratio Issues

Godspeedkustoms said:
Mattycee said:
Hi,

Matt

I am having this same issue. Does anyone have a fix to fit the mini iosd data on the monitor? I tried to plug my mini into my computer and make the changes but it does not work for me. Thanks

Use the iosd assistant to move the data, yes it works, i made it myself.

I have downloaded the iosd assistant and when I plug in the iosd to the USB port it does not seem to recognize it. I open the assistant plug in the USB then power up the phantom radio then the monitor and then the phantom itself to power up the iosd. Am I doing something wrong?

It's working!!! Thanks guys for all your help. Now I just need to figure out how to get a better picture on the monitor. I have a cloverleaf on the avl58 and just the stock whips on the monitor. Should I change the monitor antennas to cloverleaf also?

What EXACTLY did you do to fix this? I am having the SAME ISSUE. there is a LOUD buzzing sound coming from my monitor. How do you turn down the volume?

Also... If the Right side of your screen has interference you'll need to go into your GoPro settings and change from NTSC to PAL. I had to switch to PAL (and I have the Rx-LCD5802). Someone else said they had to switch to NTSC (either way swap).

Pickeringchris said:
Old thread, i know. Did you find a way to turn off the osd of the monitor? It pisses me off. makes it impossible to see the voltage from the iosd mini. thx

Brother, I have Looked through pages and pages of info on the RX-LCD5802 and even found pictures of the circuit board. I was Hoping for some dip switches or jumpers inside to change the PAL/NTSC or/and the OSD... Not a **** Thing. Don't know if you're running the GoPro OSD but when I did the Left Upper corner was stacked with Crap. Phantom voltage is a Must! (Turn your GoPro osd off and it's possible to live with it.)

Pickeringchris said:
Yes gp osd is off but still hard to see white voltage overplayed with green crap. Lol. I'm gonna email boscam.

I have the same issue, the LCD OSD overlay the iosd mini battery signal. Any news from boscam?

Thanks,
TP

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4