Boscam RX-LCD5802 issues

Reaction score
Seems like it's set to PAL or something is wrong with the frequency or setting. All sources (including AV in, seee attached image) are scrambled.

Any thoughts, advice appreciated.

Attachments

• 20140914_121555_resized.jpg
    20140914_121555_resized.jpg
    837.7 KB · Views: 645
After reading 46 pages (on another Forum) what I found it the RX-LCD5802 automatically chooses PAL or NTSC. In my case the Right Side of the LCD was not clear. I ended up changing my GoPro from NTSC to PAL. I was actually curious if there were any switches inside the 5802 (to change the NTSC/PAL). I did find pictures of the board inside and there's no Dip switches of any kind.

What transmitter are you using? Looks like your Frequencies are off.

Sure enough, changing the go pro to pal produced a solid image.

It's odd I can't change it to ntsc. Pal is no good to me here in the US.

Attachments

• 20140915_080828_resized.jpg
    20140915_080828_resized.jpg
    738.1 KB · Views: 657
You can go into the iOSD setting and move the OSD (On Screen Display) in so they're 100% on the screen. You'll have to do the Right and Left.

The GoPro OSD stuff ends up stacked on the Phantom Voltage in the Upper Left (along with the LCD OSD). I turned the GoPro OSD OFF but there's nothing to do about the LCD OSD. You can change the GoPro to "One Button" operation, once you hit the GoPro power button it's Recording (without touching the record button on the top of the Camera).

Concerning NSTC/PAL. There'a a little difference between the FPS but I haven't experienced any problems using PAL The GoPro Video Software will edit the PAL video (and you're Windows player will also work). I was hoping there was a Dip Switch inside the LCD but nothing. I'd like to be able to move the LCD OSD (currently no option).

Here's a Video done in PAL (from Sunset Beach, NC).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zNs0TFkV4[/youtube]

Awesome CaptMike! I appreciate the help and advice. I just took my first FPV movie. Frikken awesome. I love it!

Where exactly is the IOSD setting? My IOSD values are slightly off the screen and want to try and move them?

Creek,

If you download and run the iosd software, it gives you the option to shift the left and right side data to be more visible, which I have since done.

Pickering,

****I haven't. Actually, I've never heard of it. I've heard others add a layer of aluminum foil below the gps antenna, but I haven't done that either.

***Edit: I bought my P2 used, so the original owner appears to have added it (now that I know what it is, I am going to relocate it inside the bird).

I think it's an issue with the receiver as it works with PAL fine (no interference) and won't even work with an av feed as shown in the first photo.

Creekjumper here's the DJI Link. Down the page

http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/IOSD_mini_Setup

I opted for putting the iDOS and the Interference board inside the Phantom to be cleaner (and I'm in a Coastal area). Yep, there's some good videos on YouTube.

ALSO! I'd suggest reading on Home Lock and Course Lock. I think for new pilots it just might save you. Both of these have to be manually enabled in the Phantom Software. I found HL (Home Lock) to be very useful when you can't tell which way the Phantom is facing. You'll learn to fly by FPV but it takes some getting use to.

Thanks all, I downloaded he software - do I need to be plugged into the phantom or directly to the mini iosd?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20