Boscam RX-LCD 5802 Monitor Narrow Image

Reaction score
Hadn't flowen the P2 for a few weeks waiting for GoPro to replace my defective 3+. Got it, installed it. The monitor image is narrow with no image at the top and bottom. I don't recall having a narrow image on the screen before.

Anyone have this situation? What's the fix?

Been mentioned a few times on the forum if you did a search. Currently no way of getting rid of it

I did a search, with no success. I suspect subject title differences can throw off the search results.

The actual image recorded on the 3+ is taller. So, the monitor doesn't show in real time all of the image at the top and bottom that is being recorded, ie blades and body at the top when the camera is in full tilt up forward.

Got it. Did it. It does fill the screen. Thanks.

Although changing to 1440 looks like it is working properly it is still not displaying correctly. What you are seeing is a 4:3 image stretched to fill your widescreen monitor so its in the wrong aspect ratio. The problem is the GoPro only outputs a 4:3 image (designed for the GoPro 4:3 LCD back screen) so the only way to display true 16:9 is to stretch the picture on the Boscam vertically to remove the black bars (but unfortunately you can't)

I've been in contact with GoPro about it and told them they need a setting to choose aspect ratio of output monitor and they said they will look into for further models (doesn't help us with out GoPro 3's though)

Here is the topic where we worked out what the problem was:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=15483

FYI, I have the same setup. Is your camera set to super wide view?
As my Boscam fills the screen completely.

Suwaneeguy said:
FYI, I have the same setup. Is your camera set to super wide view?
As my Boscam fills the screen completely.

What model GoPro and what are the camera settings?

Superview only stretches the sides of the image outwards into a 16:9 format. It is still only 4:3. Although this looks like it is filling the whole screen it is not displaying in the correct aspect ratio.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers