Boscam is not the best

Reaction score
just got installed TS832 on PH2, paired it with RX-LCD5802, tried all 32 chanels on Divercity, RF1 and RF2,
crazy colors, terrible scan phasing and static;
is mine set defective and i should try to replace the it, or this is normal?
thx!

i was having this issue aswell, is the monitor mounted to the phantom tx? if so unmount the monitor and see if that solves the problem. if it dose i solved it by taping a peice of doubled up tinfoil to the back of the monitor its ghetto but it works for me

Yes, try getting the monitor away from the tx - it might help (might not). The stock tx seems to interfere at times. I have one that does (and one that doesn't). I ended up mounting the Diversity on a tripod. However, I have no problem with my Futaba radio. Go figure.

Also, be sure you are in a clear area and that the antennas your are using are the right gender. We've had a couple of people screw female connectors into female rx/tx and wonder why they had terrible range.

Did you manually set the channel on the TS832, and then manually tune in to the proper frequency on the LCD? I've seen a lot of other people around here advise that auto-scanning doesn't work well.
So here's your TS832 frequency chart
9715-te1371861402.jpg

let's assume you just pick Frequency set 2, Channel 1 that's 5773mhz right?
Here's the RX-LCD5802 frequency chart from Amazon:
61Z48EWJmML._SY355_.jpg

So you would want to set one (or both) of the tuners on your RX to group B, channel 1... 5773mhz.

use the charts to make sure the group/channel on your RX precisely matches the frequency that your TS832 is set to. diversity means it'll use the signal from whichever of your 2 antennas is getting the best signal on that particular channel. You'll notice the little blue dots in the lower left of the LCD indicate which antenna it's pulling from at any given time.

if you're sure you're lined up properly with frequency, now you move to more technical problems for example have you ever powered up the video transmitter with no antenna attached? then the transmitter is probably fried. They fry pretty much instantly if they're powered on with no antenna because the signal has nowhere to "go" and fries the internal electronics.

after that I'd consider antennas... are you just using the stock crap antennas or did you get a nice set of proper antennas? antennas can make a WORLD of difference

I have a Boscam ts 352 and Boscam RX-lcd 5802 and have changed my antennas to these from fpvlr.com

download/file.php?id=6005

I got them yesterday and today I went out for a 2000 meter trip with perfect picture even when I turned around and went home. I´m very impressed with my Boscam equipment and for me 2000 meters is the limit to have enough power to get my Phantom home in a safe way. I had 60 % of batteripower when I landed and that feels fine for me.
I strongly recommend to change the antennas because that was what made the difference for me. All that interference in the monitor disappeared and I have the monitor mounted on top of the transmitter.

nothing helps to get at least decent picture, interference is so bad i can't see anything on the screen even when PH2 is 30 feet away, when it's further - more static and scan phasing,
the only thing i haven't tried yet is to swap antennas, but if this setup is not defective, and with original antennas i can't see anything - why they even sell them:))?
i don't know,
will immersionRC Tx work with RX-LCD5802?

hi mate - this doesn't help with your immediate concern but knowledge is never a bad thing, I'd suggest watching at least the first half of this video to learn a bit more about antennas and why the ones that come with the equipment aren't really any good.

that being said, with the stock crap antennas on a 200mW Boscam I got a good 150+ meters in a low-interference area... only got about 30m in high interference area so if you're only getting 10m (~30 feet) with a 600mW transmitter there's definitely something else going wrong,
You're sure the TS832 was never powered up with no antenna attached? that's insta-kill for a transmitter like these, I did that myself once... accidentally swapped antennas with the Phantom powered on and afterwards I only got signal for about 10m or so, kind of like you... that's the only reason I bring it up again

QYV said:
You're sure the TS832 was never powered up with no antenna attached? that's insta-kill for a transmitter like these
no, i am sure, it was sealed when i got it, and i don't know a lot about wireless viddeo, but i know you shouldn't power Tx without antenna attached;
could it be connection problem, not 'clean' soldering?
well, i ordered antennas, and i will re-solder video connections,
so far not usable :)
but thanks to all who's trying to help!

I saw a thread on RC groups recently where they tested the TS832 or whatever the supposed 600mw Tx's model number is. Apparently it's been disowned by Boscam as being their product.

damoncooper said:
I saw a thread on RC groups recently where they tested the TS832 or whatever the supposed 600mw Tx's model number is. Apparently it's been disowned by Boscam as being their product.

do you mean as NOT being their product? That's good to know I ALMOST got the 832 and wound up getting a 352, guess I lucked out

I have the exact setup, I easily am getting 500 yards using the cheapest slow boat from china cloverleaf antenna. There has been a lot of discussion about how the TS832 isn't Boscam, it isn't 600mw, it is sub-par and so on but in the end it works, works well and is very usable.

It took some fiddling to find the best channel to use (I ended up on 32, 5685) and as has been suggested the stock antenna are pretty bad, just like every other whip antenna out there. As for the wattage, there are a million YouTube videos out there explaining it's not really about the wattage, but the antenna so I would suggest you look into some decent ones.

Overall I am very pleased with the combination of the LCD5802 and the TS832, having all the channels available means I can feel confident I can adapt as best as possible to changing situations. The one hiccup is that the transmitter is RP-SMA and the receiver is SMA so it's a little harder to get the antenna connections right because kits are usually sold with the same connector for RX and TX but it's not insurmountable.

QYV said:
damoncooper said:

do you mean as NOT being their product? That's good to know I ALMOST got the 832 and wound up getting a 352, guess I lucked out

Correct. Check the OEM website here, there is no such Boscam product:

http://www.boscam.cn

ladykate said:

Also, be sure you are in a clear area and that the antennas your are using are the right gender. We've had a couple of people screw female connectors into female rx/tx and wonder why they had terrible range.

pull_up has a useful video on the subject (identifying connectors) on his YouTube channel

Killobite said:
I have the exact setup, I easily am getting 500 yards using the cheapest slow boat from china cloverleaf antenna. There has been a lot of discussion about how the TS832 isn't Boscam, it isn't 600mw, it is sub-par and so on but in the end it works, works well and is very usable.

That has been my experience, too. My best system (out of four) is the TS832. Several of us have observed that there is something amiss with that thread that was mentioned. Some examples are getting good FPV past 2000 meters. Misinformation can get distributed very easily when one or two have had a bad experience. They tend to generalize their experience to all examples and people read and believe it too readily.

:)
i don't draw any conclusions, i am trying to make this setup work, and greatfull to all who's trying to help,
thx!

hey mate,

I too have the exact same setup and was getting fairly average results. I purchased a couple circular wireless antennas which helped but wasn't stoked about the interference I was getting. Last week I read on a forum if you set the TX to channel 34 (apparently this is strongest channel?) and the monitor to diversity channel C-4. I tried this and all my problems went away. I went from about 200 meters to well over 800 - 900 meters.

good luck

-h

I use a TS832 transmitter with Nimrod omi directional antenna, and RC805 receiver with 6 turn helical. The image is great at 4Km and would probably be ok to do 6Km or more.
One thing though: Boscam transmitters vary considerably in power output depending on the channel, up to 5 x signal strength or so Ive been told.
Try switching to a different channel if the range is poor.

Kotik said:
One thing though: Boscam transmitters vary considerably in power output depending on the channel, up to 5 x signal strength or so Ive been told.
Try switching to a different channel if the range is poor.

think you're referring to this:
file.php

"5 times the power" may be a bit of an overstatement but there's definitely some variance :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31