Boscam G20 5.8GHz FPV Video TX Transmitter and Vision+ remote ?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have Vision+ without gimbal and camera, I want to use GoPro. If I buy this Boscam thing and connect my GoPro to it, I have solved everything for FPV on the Phantom side ? I need then display and receiver on the RC side and that is it ?

Can I use this with manual channel selection so it does not interfere with 5.8GHz RC control ?

BOSCAM BOS G20 5.8G 32CH FPV Video TX Transmitter for GoPro 3 4 Hot Sale T19E

Thanks

I assume you have removed the 2.4 Ghz components from the Vision+?

Go for a 2.4 Ghz FPV solution or you are likely to experience interference between the controller & FPV.

I think the old owner did not, he removed only the gimbal and the camera, all the cables and interior stayed in place.

The problem is that 2.4 GHz systems are very rare, I dont get why but that is the case.

Can Zenmuse H4-3D use DJI Vision app without Quickrelease thing ? So jsut pure plug&play and I have telemetry and FPV on my iPhone ?

I know you are trying to minimize cost but, if you want to maintain telemetry & reliability, you need to make a decision. I don't have a H4-3D system to have personal knowledge of its functionality but I don't believe it offers FPV except within the range of the Hero4's Wi-Fi (which may suffer interference from the Vision+ built-in Wi-Fi transmission)

EDIT: You mentioned the quick-disconnect. I recall reading about that once but didn't know it was still available. It was pretty expensive as I recall & not sure how well it worked or how durable?

You can leave the 5.8 Ghz control setup, strip out the stock 2.4 Ghz FPV components, and install a 2.4 Ghz FPV solution. (there are plenty out there just google "2.4 Ghz FVP solution").

Alternatively you could pick up a P2 2.4 Ghz receiver & controller, swapping the control frequency to 2.4 Ghz allowing you to install the BOSCAM 5.8 Ghz FVP solution. You will definitely need to remove the remnants of the Vision+ 2.4 Ghz FPV components to eliminate interference from the new 2.4 Ghz radio controller.

With either solution if you want to maintain telemetry, which I think is important, then you are going to need an iOSD module to overlay the telemetry data over the video feed. Like I mentioned previously sometimes it is cheaper to just replace the Vision+ camera (or purchase a new P3 Standard) than trying to modify from her original design.

Reactions: Karanba
Basicaly Zenmuse H4-3D has no advantages whatsoever over cheap 3 axis Ebay gimbal for 70$ when it comes to Vision+ mounting. For FPV man needs another 400$ for Quickrelease part in order to get FPV. I wouldnt be surprised if DJI management came from Apple. "Use it our way or no way" policy.

I mean, they could AT LEAST add that part from Quickrelease in H4-3D so we can have complete gimbal setup for 400$ + GoPro price ! I wont strip anything from it, I will search for some other solution. There are ton of people who have stripped original gimbal and then mounted their GoPro. I just need to see how did they solved it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl