Boscam 5.8GHZ on Phantom2

Reaction score
Hello All,

Is the Boscam equipment OK for my Phantom 2?
Pls see the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Boscam-FPV-5-8GHz-TX58-2W-AV-Transmitter-RC58-32CH-AV-Receiver-TX-RX-/360954039359?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_Vehicles&hash=item540a898c3f

Thank you!
Roni

Your link doesn't work, but for a transmitter you should choose the 400mw not the 2w. The receiver should be an LCD5802. These are the Boscam ones, similar are available from other manufacturers.

agree with landmannnn - 2w is total overkill for a Phantom.
Roni, we just had this conversation recently in another thread please head over here and read my big post on page 1 I think it'll help you
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36292

Thank a lot to you!
i need also iOS MINI if i purchase Boscam TS353 and LCD5802?
I have GOPRO 3+ Silver , i can connect it to the transmitter??

Thank you
Roni

Attachments

• Transmitter-Receiver.jpg
    Transmitter-Receiver.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 689
an "iOSD Mini" is needed for any non-Vision series Phantom 2, regardless of FPV transmitter / receiver, to have live telemetry data on your FPV feed. You kind of need to understand the path that the video travels... Here is what happens on the Phantom:

The USB plug for the gimbal plugs into the GoPro... it supplies power to the gopro but also brings a video feed back up that same ribbon cable to the Phantom mainboard inside the Phantom, where you can tap into it for FPV. There are "plug and play" cables which plug into the Phantom mainboard, the iOSD Mini AND your transmitter so that the video signal goes Phantom mainboard -> iOSD Mini -> FPV transmitter. As the video signal passes through the iOSD Mini, it adds the telemetry info and sends the combined video+telemetry feed to your video transmitter.

You can find links to transmitters, plug and play cables, receivers and other stuff in a stickythread here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26413

If you get a RX-LCD5802 receiver, you do NOT need a separate receiver as shown in the picture you linked above. the LCD5802 already have a compatible receiver built in, you just attach antennas and of course tune to the proper frequency, which you set on the transmitter during installation.

so don't buy that "kit" ebay auction you linked above. Just buy a TS353 by itself and a RX-LCD5802. You will also of course need the Boscam version of the Plug and Play cable and the iOSD Mini.
Then you just need antennas (FPVLR are the best if you can afford them) and a way to mount the LCD5802 to your RC. you can find links to all those in the stickythread I linked above.
Feel free to ask questions!

Thank you very much for your large answer!!
To lower the expenses i like to connect the receiver to some A/V LCD 9" i have.
Is the telemetry data must or can i work with transmitter and receiver at the beginning?

tnxs
Roni

roni_333 said:
Thank you very much for your large answer!!
To lower the expenses i like to connect the receiver to some A/V LCD 9" i have.
Is the telemetry data must or can i work with transmitter and receiver at the beginning?

tnxs
Roni

ah ok I understand you already have a 9" LCD so indeed, you do want that transmitter bundle with separate 5.8Ghz receiver.

I suppose telemetry data (iOSD) is not required however it is highly recommended. without it, your FPV feed will be ONLY gopro video - you don't know how far from home you are, more importantly you don't know your battery level... when you fly FPV it's easy to get immersed in the flying and not realize you've flown 500, 600, 1000 meters away and since you don't know your battery level, what if you are 1000m from home when you hit low battery warning?
You are probably not watching the LED indicators on the Phantom, you're watching the FPV feed... and besides if you are more than a few hundred meters away you can't really see the Phantom LED indicators start blinking red... so the first time you realize there is an issue when the Phantom hits 15% or 20% battery and goes into auto-land... what if you were still 1000m away from home point? the Phantom would not make it back to you.

If for no other reason it's good to have the iOSD data so that you can monitor your distance and battery.

very good answer again.
I will "compute" all the points and will do you recommended.
At the mean time i will fly near to me...

Tnxs
Roni

indeed. don't forget you still need a way to connect the GoPro to the FPV transmitter, and the FPV Transmitter to power. Are you planning on soldering some cables yourself?

Hello,
Yes , i will solder myself in required to make some wires.
I'm a Electronics Field engineer and sometimes i make connectors by myself also.
Why do you ask?
tnxs

Roni

there is a plug and play cable for connecting iOSD and FPV, but I'm not sure there is a PnP cable for use with no fpv,so you may have to solder the cable yourself

If you want the fancy version, get the Boscam LCD5802 "White". It also comes with a nice hood.

Attachments

• IMG_2235.JPG
    IMG_2235.JPG
    529.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    568.3 KB · Views: 546
How long can the Boscam LCD5802 be operated for before the batteries are flat? Is there an audio warning before the screen switches off?

Luap said:
How long can the Boscam LCD5802 be operated for before the batteries are flat? Is there an audio warning before the screen switches off?

There's a permanent overlay of the battery level in bright green. It seems to last really long. I exhausted 5 batteries and it was still full.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair