Boring early attempts. Let me know what you think

Looks like a much different landscape than what we have here in the Sonoran Desert, very cool!

Only feedback I have is if you have the horizon in view, remember the photography rule of thirds. Instead of splitting the scene in half (Half sky half land) split it either 2/3 sky 1/3 land (if the sky/clouds are really interesting) or 2/3 land 1/3 sky if the landscape is really interesting. You'll see the technique tends to make the video more appealing by drawing the viewers eye to the most interesting aspects you're trying to capture. The rule of thirds works both horizontally and vertically.

Here's more info about the idea: Rule of thirds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Reactions: wooglin
You mention "boring" in your subject line. What I think of when I watched this video is just the opposite..."Exciting for my first few flights. I'm still learning, but holy cow, this is so cool!" Thank you for sharing your video! I was thinking to myself with each section of he video, "that's what I did when I started, cool!" Thanks again for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: wooglin
Thanks for the comments. I have being doing photography for some time, and in the Harpeth river greenway video you will notice as I travel along the river I started to move the right to the left third of my frame but was afraid to lower my altitude. I have not quite gotten up the courage to fly much under 300 feet.

It is exciting but is also nerve racking.

This is the link that leads to all of my videos. Check out parallel lines that is a spot I am looking forward to doing some more work.

All my Videos - alan osborne

Parallel lines -

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1