bored & jaded with phantom V2+, thinking about selling her

Reaction score
Have had my bird for about 1.5 months. She handled great and was mostly responsive during my initial flights. Got some great advice and suggestions as a new flyer, but I'm thinking about graduating to a different product, perhaps.

However and after this time period with the bird, I'm still going through odd compass issues. Problems I can't seem to sort out and even considering all the expert advice I've received on this message board.

I'm really considering selling my bird and to recoup a fair percentage of my initial costs. I'm in Canada, Ontario and will probably only sell/ship to someone locally. The bird is in brand new condition and I have all the original packaging and boxes. It is probably a bird for someone with excellent or professional DIY skills and who's willing to work with & through the minor issues I can't sort out.
If interested, from Ontario and if looking for a pet project to work on, let me know. $800 or best offer.

Re: bored & jaded with phantom V2+, thinking about selling h

**** Squatch, I hate to see you throw in the towel. Have you tried flying again since the last discussion? I'm going on 5 months ownership and I'm fixing to head out to fly. I'm sure if your aircraft worked as it should your feelings would be different.

Just reupgrade firmware in your bird again and then fly it did fix my isues

Thanks JWarren,

I really appreciate you responses to me and what seems to be genuine concern. Yep, I have flown her again since my last correspondence & prior to this post. She's just not flying right (very unstable & erratic) and no matter what I seem to do or try with IMU or compass calibrations. It's extremely frustrating and the ONLY variable I can go back to was the time I switched over to NAZA mode....this was the beginning of all my problems with my bird. I have NO idea why this would be and I know many have had no problems once they've switched over themselves. :? I can only tell you guys what I've experienced.

I'm not really bored with my bird, but I have been grounded for awhile and therefore I guess....bored. DEFINITELY jaded though.

nfilpek said:
Just reupgrade firmware in your bird again and then fly it did fix my isues.

Sorry, nfilpek, I really have no idea what you are trying to suggest.

Maybe a strange question, but are you gains right?
Like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 787

That has gone wrong with me, then it's not going too well ;)
Like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 731

Many have not properly setup NAZA prior to flying with it. And if not done correctly of coarse the results are not going to be what the should be. I'm not suggesting you did anything wrong, but you might want to compare the method you used to what I have posted in the link below. I wish I would have switched over long before I did.

http://forums.multicopterpilots.com/pha ... ision.html

So sorry to hear you feel that way Sasquash but following the problems you've had it's understandable.
I got jaded with my bird when it was acting up but lucky a shell change fixed it and I successfully bent the gimbal back.
Where did you buy yours? Maybe you could bite the bullet and send it in to get fixed?
Are there any local dealer's that offer repairs and trouble shooting?
My dealer also builds other custom quads and offered a $50 initial setup cost to make sure my Phantom worked out of the box which I'm glad I took up. I'd happily send it to them if I had such problems though it still may have to go through the Dji process.
I'd hate to see you give up and I'd miss your hairy avatar.

Wally said:
What are the right gains? Are the default %'s not right? At which % should I put them then?

Thanx

Like the 1e picture.
:cool:

M.Tigelaar said:
Wally said:
What are the right gains? Are the default %'s not right? At which % should I put them then?

Thanx

Like the 1e picture.

Not so sure that those values you suggest are "the right gains", I like my model responsive, and the values below work for me.
I have been using these values for the last 2 months or better with firmware 1.08 as well as others with only issue has been with TBE effect until the model found it proper way (normally about 5min) this behaviour did go away with latest firmware and all is good.

Basic: 125. 125. 120. 140.
Attitude: 260. 260

cougar said:
M.Tigelaar said:
Wally said:

Thanx

Like the 1e picture.

Not so sure that those values you suggest are "the right gains", I like my model responsive, and the values below work for me.
I have been using these values for the last 2 months or better with firmware 1.08 as well as others with only issue has been with TBE effect until the model found it proper way (normally about 5min) this behaviour did go away with latest firmware and all is good.

Basic: 125. 125. 120. 140.
Attitude: 260. 260
When you load 1.08, does it default to those numbers?

Not sure ;)
I think when I calibration the x1 :|

Hey Squach, if you are going to keep it or not, send it off to be fixed by am authorized DJI repair shop. Ask around here who is best. Spend $50.00 and instead of $800.00 you can get $1200.00. But I think you might want to keep it after it gets fixed.

@slothead.
You can change the numbers yourself at any time. Just type them in and hit enter.
Just make sure you know what the numbers where before in case you want to go back.
The numbers I use works for me and might not be your preference, I know they work. Be careful changing the values to untested numbers, without understanding what they do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik