Boosting Antenna Reception

Reaction score
Are there any suggestions on how to boost the antenna reception on the RC? I have a P2S with the upgraded RC.

P2S? What model is that? Are you referring to the P2 non-vision? Or P2Z as some call them?

Sorry....LoL...P2 Standard (non-vision)

Take a look here: Phantom 2 (non vision)

This guy, Tony, makes the antennas. I own his 5.8GHz FPV kit, and the increase I got in video distance was about 3X what I had with stock antennas. Look just below that kit on the linked page above for his RC antennas...

Are there any suggestions on how to boost the antenna reception on the RC? I have a P2S with the upgraded RC.

I assume you're talking about reception, as in if you can fly it farther? Or do you have FPV installed and want video reception distance increased?

I assume you're talking about reception, as in if you can fly it farther? Or do you have FPV installed and want video reception distance increased?

Well I do have an FPV system installed and currenlty use the Spironet round antenna's which appear to be working okay for now. My question is in regards to the distance. What is the normal flying distance with the P2 and the upgraded RC?

I was tempted to try this:

DJI Phantom Remote Controller parabolic antenna adapter

But not sure if it really works... figured it's easier than trying to take it apart to try an antenna mod. I think I saw a few videos of mods on YouTube...

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to mod the RC as well. I mean I'm not having distance issues but was wanting to add the extra distance should I need it.

So kind of off my initial question....based on your signature you pretty much have the same set-up I do except for the gimbal. I have the H3 and you have the H4. Any real difference between the two? I also have a Hero4 but use my Hero3+ with the H3.

So kind of off my initial question....based on your signature you pretty much have the same set-up I do except for the gimbal. I have the H3 and you have the H4. Any real difference between the two? I also have a Hero4 but use my Hero3+ with the H3.

I know others know more than I, but what I do know is that the H3 is for the Hero 3 line, and the H4 is for the Hero 4 line, I think it has to do with balance, although I've heard people using Hero 3's on the H4 and vice-versa. There might be other differences, like connectors, but I'm not sure, so I'm hoping someone else will chime in...

Yeah I was hoping I wouldn't have to mod the RC as well. I mean I'm not having distance issues but was wanting to add the extra distance should I need it.

It doesn't make any difference which camera is put on the H3-3D gimbal it can handle both hero 3 & 4. The problem that some complain about was that wifi button was being triggered by the gimbal's mounting plate so DJI redesigned the gimbal for hero 4 and H4-3D. I have hero 4 and use it with the H3-3D without any problems even though hero 4 weighs 14 grams more then the hero 3+

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31