Booster help

Reaction score
Booster help ?? Threw trees. I have an argtek booster it works great straight line . Is there a booster that will give goid reception threw trees under 2000ft and under 100 ft high ??? I've seen good reviews on intelite..

Trees eat up the 2.4 wavelength. Fir trees, Pines, are most notorious due to the 2.4 wavelength being almost equal to the pine needles therefore cancelling out the signal. Lastly, when trees are wet or full of dew, it most certainly will attenuate most of your signal. In short, shooting a 2.4 signal long range through trees is asking for a lost drone in my opinion.

Trees eat up the 2.4 wavelength. Fir trees, Pines, are most notorious due to the 2.4 wavelength being almost equal to the pine needles therefore cancelling out the signal. Lastly, when trees are wet or full of dew, it most certainly will attenuate most of your signal. In short, shooting a 2.4 signal long range through trees is asking for a lost drone in my opinion.
Not a lost drone, just shorter range.

...Agreed, I started to explain same.. then back-spaced... and you dont have to fly behind them either, a tree line in the distance will also cause interference, see also Fresnel Zone...
( Fresnel zone - Wikipedia )

Booster help ?? Threw trees. I have an argtek booster it works great straight line . Is there a booster that will give goid reception threw trees under 2000ft and under 100 ft high ??? I've seen good reviews on intelite..
Any mod you do, DBS, Argtek, Alfa or amps will help with tree line penetration. But it's fighting against the laws of radio waves. So bottom line, you really need a clear LOS between you and the drone. Will a antenna mod help a little, yes a little.

Not a lost drone, just shorter range.
Hello thankyou .. i get that I just I have open farmland on one side and a Peninsula of timber and more farmland and need to scout them not even large Parcells of timber I guess I'm just disappointed

Hello thankyou .. i get that I just I have open farmland on one side and a Peninsula of timber and more farmland and need to scout them not even large Parcells of timber I guess I'm just disappointed
Disappointed in what? That transmitting through trees is an issue? You just need to well above them as you fly past so a clear LOS will be had. I know your OP said you wanted to be under 100' for some reason, I guess for photo or video shot. That's going to be an issue if your on one side of a tree line and the drone is on the other side.

Disappointed in what? That transmitting through trees is an issue? You just need to well above them as you fly past so a clear LOS will be had. I know your OP said you wanted to be under 100' for some reason, I guess for photo or video shot. That's going to be an issue if your on one side of a tree line and the drone is on the other side.
Yes video of crops I would like to get 100 ft or 80ft . It's easier to see that is about the tree line .. maybe I need to go to a pro or a 4

...Tj, are you using the Stock Rem-Ctrl or a Mod'd version..?
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Yes video of crops I would like to get 100 ft or 80ft . It's easier to see that is about the tree line .. maybe I need to go to a pro or a 4
...Tj, if the current craft you've got and its video system is sufficient, save your money, just upgrade your current antenna's with real antennas, again it wont help much if you plan on dropping behind a distant tree-line.. but the diff btwn the P4/P4P cam lens and what you've already got is nominal, now if you were to go with the Inspire carrying the Z3 (7x total zoom) that may do the trick for you, but the Z3 alone is approx 800$ (retail), this like alot of hobbies, you can spend as much as you want...
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31