Boosted phantom 3 standard

I use the Sunhans and yes they work great!! I got mine pretty cheap through an ebay auction for a little over $20 each

Reactions: smackc4
I use the Sunhans and yes they work great!! I got mine pretty cheap through an ebay auction for a little over $20 each
Nice!
This is the sunhans that are black or silver?
Do you have model numbers?
Do you boost both 2.4 ports or just one?

Nice!
This is the sunhans that are black or silver?
Do you have model numbers?
Do you boost both 2.4 ports or just one?
they are the silver ones. I'm only using 1 for the 2.4 until I can find another good deal!. these are the model numbers..just google search this and you will find a bunch

Sunhans model SH2500P...2.5 watt 2.4ghz

For the 5.8 2watt its Sunhans model SH58Gi2000P

they are the silver ones. I'm only using 1 for the 2.4 until I can find another good deal!. these are the model numbers..just google search this and you will find a bunch

Sunhans model SH2500P...2.5 watt 2.4ghz

For the 5.8 2watt its Sunhans model SH58Gi2000P

Hmm. The 2.4 is a decent price but I was hoping to get the 5.8 for a better price.

What about these? Are any of these amps a good idea to use? Or are they a total avoid?

I'm okay if it improves performance but perhaps not as good as the more expensive sunhans models. A stronger and more reliable connection is important to me. Can the signal go through trees better? Can I get 1-2 miles away?
Can I fly more reliably in a suburban area?

I don't think I need 3-6 miles of range. Sounds nice, but if I can get 2 miles for 100 bucks or 4 miles for 250; I'll probably just do the 100 buck option.
Thoughts?

cd2f59460be4e7a9902ee5278b58fd92.jpg

e99acdc8613a5935fdab09a8b8b58a22.jpg

32f3d68a652694de7196a2ae045d708a.jpg

5614e8d1168df2a615156ce229ab1d23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hmm. The 2.4 is a decent price but I was hoping to get the 5.8 for a better price.

What about these? Are any of these amps a good idea to use? Or are they a total avoid?

I'm okay if it improves performance but perhaps not as good as the more expensive sunhans models. A stronger and more reliable connection is important to me. Can the signal go through trees better? Can I get 1-2 miles away?
Can I fly more reliably in a suburban area?

I don't think I need 3-6 miles of range. Sounds nice, but if I can get 2 miles for 100 bucks or 4 miles for 250; I'll probably just do the 100 buck option.
Thoughts?

cd2f59460be4e7a9902ee5278b58fd92.jpg

e99acdc8613a5935fdab09a8b8b58a22.jpg

32f3d68a652694de7196a2ae045d708a.jpg

5614e8d1168df2a615156ce229ab1d23.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Either one of those 2.4's work just as good as any other that you seen on here, I've used them both, they're just heavier than the newer ones. Those cheap 5.8 with the open wires will work just as good, but the solder connections are cheap and I've had some break off, which means you're going to be replacing them and wasting money. But they will work

Just thought I'd post my mostly completed controller for my p3s. I have an inspire 1 tablet mount installed for my nvidia shield tablet as well as the DBSmods antennae. With just that setup I have gone pretty easily to 10,800 feet in a uninhabited area. I'm not really a distance junky but wanting a rock solid signal, and just enjoying messing with stuff, I just finished installing a 2.4 and 5.8 amp. I haven't really tested range yet except by connecting and walking away. I was pleased with results, put her on my hood in a parking lot at work and just started walking. Lost line of sight right away. Had several parked cars and a backhoe and trees as well as several lanes of traffic blocking me in a highly congested area and got just passed 2,000 feet. Still had pretty good signal but was starting to get a little choppy. Had no more room to walk. Before my walk test in a much less congested area and better line of sight I only got 750 feet before losing signal with just the DBSmods antenna. Will probably make a more solid mount once I figure out just how I like it. In reality I probably will rarely even use my amps so I'll make a nice quick releasing mount for it all. Tell me what you guys think! And a question for you all, I know you have to be hooked to your antenna before turning the controller and amps on to not burn up the amps or internal amps, so what I do is connect everything, turn on amps, then turn on controller. But are the sunhans amps pass through if I don't turn them on first? And what if they loose power? Will my amps in my controller potentially fry or are they safe as long as I'm connected to my antenna?

I notice you're only amplifying one of the 2.4 GHz channels. Based on your posts, I assume that is working great for you.

Do you even need to use the other 2.4GHz channel or is it redundant once you have the one channel amplified.

To be honest I'm not sure I understand what each channel does.

I've been told the 5.8GHz channel is used for aircraft control. I'm not sure I know what the other 2. 2.4GHz channels are used for. Is each individual channelled used for something specific or are they both used for video? What are they used for?

Do you know if there is a post that explains the controller and the specs of the antennas and what exactly each channel is used for? Does anybody have this information?

I could not find any of this information by searching.

I notice you're only amplifying one of the 2.4 GHz channels. Based on your posts, I assume that is working great for you.

Do you even need to use the other 2.4GHz channel or is it redundant once you have the one channel amplified.

To be honest I'm not sure I understand what each channel does.

I've been told the 5.8GHz channel is used for aircraft control. I'm not sure I know what the other 2. 2.4GHz channels are used for. Is each individual channelled used for something specific or are they both used for video? What are they used for?

Do you know if there is a post that explains the controller and the specs of the antennas and what exactly each channel is used for? Does anybody have this information?

I could not find any of this information by searching.

I boosted one of my 2.4 on the DBS and got pretty good results.
Ordered a third amp (second 2.4) but have not tested it yet. I did put the Sunhans 6dbi pole antenna on the second 2.4 and got poorer results than unboosted second 2.4 DBS port. Was kind of surprised.
So I can say the two DBS ports for the 2.4 are both critical. I think they are both equal in their signal contributions.
5.8 is for control and 2.4 is for video.

if running 2x2.4ghz and 1x5.8ghz would i need another battery?
Depends on your amps working voltage and power consumption (Watt).
Amps with 12V working voltage can be powered by 3s Lipo (11.4V). But newer sunhans amps can be powered by standard 5V powerbank because the working voltage is between 5V-16V. When you split the powerjack, it divides the current. Not voltage. So you can use split jack cable.

But be careful when you split a 5V1A powerbank. a 5V1A powerbank means it can only provide 5W of power. If you split them to 3, they become 1.7W, definitely can't power a 2W amps and above.

Reactions: STAINLESS
Just thought I'd post my mostly completed controller for my p3s. I have an inspire 1 tablet mount installed for my nvidia shield tablet as well as the DBSmods antennae. With just that setup I have gone pretty easily to 10,800 feet in a uninhabited area. I'm not really a distance junky but wanting a rock solid signal, and just enjoying messing with stuff, I just finished installing a 2.4 and 5.8 amp. I haven't really tested range yet except by connecting and walking away. I was pleased with results, put her on my hood in a parking lot at work and just started walking. Lost line of sight right away. Had several parked cars and a backhoe and trees as well as several lanes of traffic blocking me in a highly congested area and got just passed 2,000 feet. Still had pretty good signal but was starting to get a little choppy. Had no more room to walk. Before my walk test in a much less congested area and better line of sight I only got 750 feet before losing signal with just the DBSmods antenna. Will probably make a more solid mount once I figure out just how I like it. In reality I probably will rarely even use my amps so I'll make a nice quick releasing mount for it all. Tell me what you guys think! And a question for you all, I know you have to be hooked to your antenna before turning the controller and amps on to not burn up the amps or internal amps, so what I do is connect everything, turn on amps, then turn on controller. But are the sunhans amps pass through if I don't turn them on first? And what if they loose power? Will my amps in my controller potentially fry or are they safe as long as I'm connected to my antenna?

But are the sunhans amps pass through if I don't turn them on first? <- yes, signal will pass through but very weak, will lose connection after 20m if you dont power on the amp.

I have p3s with sunhans booster, it good and available to fly in highly congested area
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But are the sunhans amps pass through if I don't turn them on first? <- yes, signal will pass through but very weak, will lose connection after 20m if you dont power on the amp.

I have p3s with sunhans booster, it good and available to fly in highly congested area
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cool video! Is that Hong Kong?

Reactions: SingLag
if running 2x2.4ghz and 1x5.8ghz would i need another battery?
What battery do you have now? You can run 3 amps on the blue battery packs no problem but depending on mah your going to have to charge sooner..i used an adapter from rexuav on Amazon that lets you hook up 3 amps to the blue batts..i used it on a 3000mah and would recharge after 2 32-35min flights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi. Am I missing a point here..........all the mods for the RC controller are only boosting the power of the controller, surely you need to boost the bird as well to get the desired result?????

Reactions: Austin Fedewa
Hi. Am I missing a point here..........all the mods for the RC controller are only boosting the power of the controller, surely you need to boost the bird as well to get the desired result?????
Correct, but considering that the drone itself may crash, lost, caught by bird of prey, etc. Most people think it's not a worthy investment to be put on the drone side and will increase weight, hence shorter range. Maybe just change the antenna to a slightly higher dbi gain.

Reactions: Philltayl
Correct, but considering that the drone itself may crash, lost, caught by bird of prey, etc. Most people think it's not a worthy investment to be put on the drone side and will increase weight, hence shorter range. Maybe just change the antenna to a slightly higher dbi gain.

another question.......the 2.5Ghz is used only for wifi? I then assume that the bird is transmitting video back to the tx and the tx is transmitting to the phone/tablet? Is there 2.5Ghz transmission to the bird?

2.4Ghz is used mainly for video tx and telemetry between remote and the bird. It is also being used for the phone/tablet screen. The control signal is using 5.8Ghz frequency for Standard and 4K.

2.4Ghz is used mainly for video tx and telemetry between remote and the bird. It is also being used for the phone/tablet screen. The control signal is using 5.8Ghz frequency for Standard and 4K.

What telemetry gets tx to the bird? All command signals to the bird are 5.8Ghz????

PS. sorry for all the questions. I am just trying to get a clear picture of what happens where...:)

Telemetry i.e. height, distance, vertical speed, horizontal speed, drone battery, camera settings, etc. are using the 2.4Ghz signal instead of the 5.8Ghz. The 5.8Ghz is only the control. I had used a 5.8Ghz booster only, lost the video and telemetry and the screen freeze but rth didn't kick in and I can feel I still have control of the bird.

Reactions: Philltayl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers