Book - Aerial Photography and Videography Using Drones - Any Good?

Reaction score
To anyone that has got this book?

Is it any good?

I kind of get the feeling that anything I could learn from it, could probably be found elsewhere for free.

I don't mind buying a book if it's worth it, but the reviews of it don't fill me with much confidence.

Will probably get the Kindle edition as the paperback is a bit steep.

Consider the source when it comes to Amazon reviews. Most are written by those who do not have any experience with what they are reviewing. They just purchased it and they automatically think it's the greatest.

Consider the source when it comes to Amazon reviews. Most are written by those who do not have any experience with what they are reviewing. They just purchased it and they automatically think it's the greatest.
Yeah, that, plus if you look, there's a few unverified purchases with 5 stars and upvotes, which seems... A bit strange, to say the least.

That's why I'm asking you guys :) actual phantom drone people.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

That's why I'm asking you guys :) actual phantom drone people.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.
I've never read the book, so I can't give a total honest opinion, but if it were me, I wouldn't buy the book, just based on the one review that states that you can find all the information within 5-6 hours of googling. That and the fact of the low review count, since drones have become a pretty popular hobby!

But then again, that's just me. Maybe the book has a ton of important info! I can't say that it doesn't.

I've never read the book, so I can't give a total honest opinion, but if it were me, I wouldn't buy the book, just based on the one review that states that you can find all the information within 5-6 hours of googling. That and the fact of the low review count, since drones have become a pretty popular hobby!

But then again, that's just me. Maybe the book has a ton of important info! I can't say that it doesn't.

That's the same thing I thought.

To anyone that has got this book?

Is it any good?

I kind of get the feeling that anything I could learn from it, could probably be found elsewhere for free.

I don't mind buying a book if it's worth it, but the reviews of it don't fill me with much confidence.

Will probably get the Kindle edition as the paperback is a bit steep.

Hi Jezz,

I haven't read the book but in terms of photography/videography - if that's what you're looking for information on, you would be better off looking at dedicated photography and videography books. The book written by Eric Cheng is quite a good one too - plus he can back it all up with some awesome images he's captured.

If you're looking for something more to do with flying rather than photography, I've written an ebook available on Amazon. It's actually going to be free for download over the 18-19 March so even though it's some self-promotion on my part, it could be of use to you. If you do happen to download and read it I'd appreciate any feedback. It can be viewed here: Drone Flying: A Practical Guide eBook: M.J. DUNN: Amazon.com.au: Kindle Store

Cheers,

Cirrus

I read it when it came out and enjoyed it although I noticed the price is a bit higher now. I thought it was a little high at $19.79. It's got lots of good information but of course is not a magic bullet that will turn you into an awesome photographer or videographer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4