Body Kits?

I started looking into a new shell design (top only), even started the CAD work on one. When I have more time I will likely complete the design and prototype.

As far as the market, I don't see enough demand to mass produce alternative shells. But I will share my results with the forum.

PhantomFanatic said:
Did you look at the Ares Ethos FPV model? There are other Ares Ethos models. Anyway, it looks cool to me! But, I didn't buy it just for the body. I liked the idea of another quad, with FPV with a color screen (with shades) for $299.

I know I could have put that towards FPV equipment for my P2, but this is fun to fly and it gives me the FPV taste, to see if I want to go that route.

Two upcoming competitors come with FPV monitors built into the transmitter. I think that will be a feature in more upcoming models. As for the q500, B&H has the most information and photos that I could find. Amazon has them in stock. It is tempting, but there is missing data that I would like to know. Plus, pictures make it look like the transmitter has a large FPV screen. It does not, most of what looks like a screen is black plastic. I would have considered purchasing it if it wasn't for that.

The other one that I'm interested in, comes out in March. It is the Hobbico Ora. Need more data, though. If DJI doesn't get its act together, they may be left in the dust.

Yeah, what I looked at is exactly the Ares Ethos FPV and its boat-style shape of the shell, with a rudder, even. I see a lot more plastic than it needs to have. I favor the more functional look of the Phantom.

Attachments

• hdfpvf02.jpg
    hdfpvf02.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 376
gbello23 said:
I started looking into a new shell design (top only), even started the CAD work on one. When I have more time I will likely complete the design and prototype.

As far as the market, I don't see enough demand to mass produce alternative shells. But I will share my results with the forum.

I think a shell where you can do the battery board mod and fit a 6000mah battery with deans connecter inside with the battery positioned to get the balance correct and also use the battery board button and leds for battery status. also a pointy front and tail fin to aid orientation like the ares would be nice too.

I guess while you're at it make it so that extra motors cold be fitted under the stock ones like some others do and leave from inside for the extra electronics required.

Mick Emmett said:
Not really what I was looking for, I want something a little more futuristic looking, a little more pleasing on the eye. The 425 kit looks just the same, a cross shape; only bigger. Thanks for posting though, it may appeal to others.

and I don't think it is for the P2 either looking at the battery door??? I want a P2 body option that can use either the stock P2 battery or with minor mods, normal batteries instead

Also, here is a design I was working on. It would be waterproof, floating and should be more efficient for AP due to the arm shapes. It would have an FPV camera in the nose, a watertight lid and battery door (not shown.)

Attachments

• waterquad.jpg
    waterquad.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 335
  • waterquad3.jpg
    waterquad3.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 357
  • waterquad2.jpg
    waterquad2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 321
Not sure about those deep arms, might make it susceptible to side winds. It's still very uniform, a more elongated body may make it easier to see the orientation when flying not too far away, obviously when you're quite far away there's not much you can do to it to help with orientation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31