Body Cam?

Reaction score
Anyone using a body cam? If so, what kind? How is the weight, quality, etc. Mount it to pocket or chest? It's kind of a sad day when we have to start thinking about this to cover ourselves from crazy people.

Reactions: JKDSensei
I use a GP on head strap or chesty strap been using them for years so I use to it and no not for just flying :p:D

It's kind of a sad day when we have to start thinking about this to cover ourselves from crazy people.
Is what LE thinks too !

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I use a GP on head strap or chesty strap been using them for years so I use to it and no not for just flying :p:D
the rock..nod.gif

Reactions: 750r
Is what LE thinks too !
Did you see the recent study out showing that when LEO's wear a body cam that complaints against LEO's went down and so many other things like arrestee's getting hurt went down. It seems everyones manners improve if they know they are being watched.

Departments all over the US are trying them out with positive results. Here is a quote -

The results were dramatic.

For three years prior to the experiment, the PD posted roughly 65 use-of-force incidents per year. (UOF was considered “physical force that is greater than basic control or ‘compliance holds’ “and included OC spray, baton strikes, TASER deployment, K9 bites, or firearms.) In the year before the experiment, 24 citizens lodged grievances against officers.

During the experimental period, the UOF rate dropped significantly, to 25 incidents total, a reduction of 58 percent to 64 percent compared to previous years. Only eight of the incidents occurred when officers were wearing body cams. In other words, during the test period the likelihood of force being used was roughly doubled when cameras were not deployed.

Citizen complaints plunged to a total of three (3), a precipitous drop of 88 percent.

Luv....
Encounters of drone operators vs crazies are probably a different beast than LEO's vs idiots. "Probably".

GoPro might be a bit much for casual use. It's not all that likely you're gonna run across an idiot like that. Something lightweight and inexpensive?

The Phantom has range...I try to set myself away from people and fly the Phantom to the area.
A couple hundred feet makes it really hard for the crazies to find you.

There are several GoPro copy-cats out there and they are pretty cheap. The Xiaomi Yi or Turnigy Action Cam seem to get good reviews.

You know the "boy flying drone" in this video from last year is the same "boy" who mounted a semi automatic on his drone, put the film on YouTube and got in a bunch of trouble for it this year?
Gun-Firing Drone Subject of Federal Investigation
They found nothing illegal about it. He did however get into trouble a short time later for not listening to an officer during a stop. All that aside he made a valuable contribution by showing how irrational the public can be, men, women & children included.

They found nothing illegal about it. He did however get into trouble a short time later for not listening to an officer during a stop. All that aside he made a valuable contribution by showing how irrational the public can be, men, women & children included.
Nope, nothing illegal about it, but as Peter Sachs said in the article, this is not how we want drones used. I guess to each his own, but with all due respect, a gun strapped to a drone and able to actually fire SHOULD worry the public, men, women, and children! I don't think that worry is irrational?
My Lawd TJ! Didn't you see the episode of Hawaii 5-O entitled "A'ohe Kahi e Pe'e Ai?" A terrorist does just that - straps a semi automatic on a drone and goes crazy on Waikiki beach.

(We need an emoticon indicating a post is mostly tongue-in-cheek)

People have strapped weapons to rc helicopters long before quads were so common. Its illegal but why worry about it.

People have strapped weapons to rc helicopters long before quads were so common. Its illegal but why worry about it.
Because without all the worry and scare tactics, we couldn't get more government! The ignorant masses are clueless, giving it all up, one stupid law at a time.

But yeah, it will be mainly for use while flying, so something smaller would be better.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

If you want something small,covert,try googling Pen Camera.
Google
Search Small Wearable Spy Camera on ebay.
wearable spy camera | eBay
You can find cameras in just about everything you wear these days,glasses,hats,belts and watches and such.
Some of the wifi cameras that connect to smart phones look pretty good.

Reactions: snerd
Because without all the worry and scare tactics, we couldn't get more government! The ignorant masses are clueless, giving it all up, one stupid law at a time.
But yeah, it will be mainly for use while flying, so something smaller would be better.
Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

B-I-N-G-O !

If you want something small,covert,try googling Pen Camera.
Google
Search Small Wearable Spy Camera on ebay.
wearable spy camera | eBay
You can find cameras in just about everything you wear these days,glasses,hats,belts and watches and such.
Some of the wifi cameras that connect to smart phones look pretty good.

Belt cam? ;-)
That's the video,
I do not want to see. Hahaha
Yet I love below the belt humor.

I have a rePlay 1080p XD, That I can attach to my SpYder or helmet.

RedHotPoker

I use a blusmart, it's very similar to a gopro with excellent quality. And waterproof.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik