Bubble over Camera

Reaction score
I've see a lot of shots of the Mavic Pro flying with and without the "bubble" over the lens. Has anyone heard the explanation of it? Why it's there? When it should be removed? How does it affect photographs and video?

One of the most challenging things in photography and videography is shooting good shots through glass. It's hard even when the glass is perfectly flat and high quality. What gives? Anybody know?

I've see a lot of shots of the Mavic Pro flying with and without the "bubble" over the lens. Has anyone heard the explanation of it? Why it's there? When it should be removed? How does it affect photographs and video?

One of the most challenging things in photography and videography is shooting good shots through glass. It's hard even when the glass is perfectly flat and high quality. What gives? Anybody know?

Its my understanding the bubble is there for transporting only and should come off before flight

Per the DJI store, here's a description of that part:
"Protects gimbal and camera from collision, dust and water during transportation and in flight."

You certainly could fly the Mavic without it though.

Per the DJI store, here's a description of that part:
"Protects gimbal and camera from collision, dust and water during transportation and in flight."

You certainly could fly the Mavic without it though.

I had sort of assumed those lines but I really wonder how optically friendly it will be. I guess we'll see. :)

I'd say use the bubble if you are doing any "risky" flying when a crash could occur such as racing in sport mode, testing the limit of distance flying, and flying close to objects, etc. Remove the bubble when trying to capture the best video/picture quality since the bubble will no doubt cause some issues with glare and other lens distortions.

Reactions: N017RW
upload_2016-9-28_15-34-25.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1