Blurry Video

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got my new Standard Phantom 3 the other day...took it out for a test flight and I'm really disappointed with the footage out of the box...seems very muddy. Granted, I shot on an overcast day. I will try again when its sunny here in MN. I added sharpening, but I think something could be wrong with the lens. Oh and just for sh*ts and giggles I added a shot at the end for a doc I'm working on that someone shot on an Inspire...looks amazing right out of the box! Let me know your thoughts!

pass: dji

Thanks,
Nick

Did you take the lens cap off? Overcast days in 2.7K still look pretty awesome to me. Could be you have a defective one. How are the still shots?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm sure you did but I'll ask anyway, you made sure theres not a nice big greasy smudge on the lens right?

Yes, or misted up, clearly a cold moist day.

In short, you should expect better results than that, something is amiss.

Gonna return it...sun came out and I shot more footage...same thing, blurry. Thanks for everyone's help!

Just to make sure you pulled the video off the Sd Card and not the Mobile Device?

Last edited:
I watched your video from my iPhone 5 first (4" screen) and it looked ok to me. But just watched it again on a 15" display and it definitely looks a little out of focus.

As a comparison this was shot at the weekend, on a very cold, overcast British winter day. It was recorded at 2.7k but downscaled to 1080p for youtube.

RMA'd it back to B & H. Bought a Professional version from Best Buy. Enough with the Standard...I believe these are sub-par machines.

OK, Thanks for the update, as you know, it is required by this forum to let everybody know your results!
:)

Reactions: dirkclod
RMA'd it back to B & H. Bought a Professional version from Best Buy. Enough with the Standard...I believe these are sub-par machines.

With respect I disagree. I and many others are very happy with our P3S's, I think you just had a duff one. Of course I wouldn't say no to an Advanced or Pro but personally couldn't justify the extra cost.

Reactions: Bob8619
With respect I disagree. I and many others are very happy with our P3S's, I think you just had a duff one. Of course I wouldn't say no to an Advanced or Pro but personally couldn't justify the extra cost.
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with the standard in general. OP has a bad one.

You guys are lucky, that was my second standard that failed. Maybe B & H got a bad batch?

Here's a vid from my professional shot today:

pass: dji

Cheers,

Nick

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj