Blurry Video After Firmware Update

Reaction score
I got a notice on my iPad today to update the firmware on my P4 (version 01.01.0410). Did anybody else receive that notice? That's my first question.

Anyway, after upgrading I flew the Phantom for a little while. When I came home and looked at the video it was all blurry. First thing I did was check the front of the lens. Fine. I also looked at some of yesterday's video today and it is fine.

Also, after getting home from flying today I got a message on my iPad that there was a mismatch between software or something like that. I followed the prompts and it updated. There was some kind of glitch because at it was updating It said "Updating 197%". That's right, 197%. then it changed to 199%, then I got an Update Complete message. Just bizarre stuff.

I noticed tonight that when I set DJI Go to still photos the image on my iPad is blurry. The pics are OK, though. When I set the P4 to video the image on the iPad gets sharp again, but the videos are blurry. Just bizarre stuff.

I poked around the DJI Go interface a little and didn't see anything I thought I could change to fix this.

The attached screen capture was made on my Mac 1080p monitor. It is at 100% magnification.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• Blurry Video.jpg
    Blurry Video.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 1,070
Same here... i reformatted the SD card and did a reset in the video setting, it help but still blurry.

I noticed that when in Photo mode, previews look blurry too, but when i open them in photoshop they look fine.

Same problem too. I discovered this problem after flying for a important job. It ruinned my day. If someone has found a solution, please share!

Same problem too. I discovered this problem after flying for a important job. It ruinned my day. If someone has found a solution, please share!

I called DJI today and they told me they're working on this problem... a temp solution is to use the normal color mode, do not use any other profiles in the meantime.

I had the exact same issue today. Went ahead and downgraded back to previous firmware and I'm back to normal. Learned the same lesson about updating while on the job as well. :).

I bought my P4 online and it arrived yesterday, I took it up right after charging and the images were gorgeous and crystal clear... Then it said it had a firmware update, and did the exact same thing as yours.

This is my first drone so I figured it was a weird quirk of DJI phantoms (going over 100%) I just sent an email to DJI for support— I'm glad to hear this is just a software issue....

If anyone knows... how often does DJI patch these bugs? Is this the sort of thing where it'll be weeks, or days? (Sorry, literally my second day flying!)

I'm having same issues. Photos are TERRIBLE. Looks like I took them with a gen 1 250kp camera.
As this after latest firmware upgrade. Am assessing video as we speak. Previews look ok. WTF???

Yeah, I took a few today and wasn't impressed. At least when I view them on my mac or PC, They look great. Must be something with the pre view portion of the App.

yes not happy, I guess they forgot to test it before sending out an update.. It's easy to forget about the basics sometimes I guess. Pictures look good but the video is fuzzy for me.

Crap. Just did my first firmware update and my camera is blurry. I can get it sharp again if I mess with the color settings, but once I switch back to video the camera reverts back to a blurry setting. I wish I had seen this and I would have held off on an update a little longer.

How about a fresh reinstall of the software? There is a chance that it would fix this issue...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm really curious by what mechanism the camera is producing such blurry images. I'd expect the unprocessed image straight off the chip to be better than that. These cameras don't use digital image stabilization in addition to gimbal stabilization, do they?

I'm really curious by what mechanism the camera is producing such blurry images. I'd expect the unprocessed image straight off the chip to be better than that. These cameras don't use digital image stabilization in addition to gimbal stabilization, do they?
I'm almost positive the camera doesn't use a digital stabilization. The blurry app video only happens 10-15 minutes into flight. Not sure if the downloaded videos are actually affected because the few times it's happened I was shooting stills. The camera literally just stops focusing and the display gets progressively worse until it could hardly be seen. I'll be going back to the previous firmware.

I'm almost positive the camera doesn't use a digital stabilization. The blurry app video only happens 10-15 minutes into flight. Not sure if the downloaded videos are actually affected because the few times it's happened I was shooting stills. The camera literally just stops focusing and the display gets progressively worse until it could hardly be seen. I'll be going back to the previous firmware.

I've reproduced the effect consistently - it is on the recorded images and videos. The problem is that it cannot be a focus problem because the cameras have fixed-focus lenses. It has to be something else in the image processing.

I have made some tests yesterday and confirmed that the problem appears when you set a color profile in the camera settings. Dont put any color profile and everything will work fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj