Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Blurry Video? 1080 60fps 100iso 120SS

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by sundeviljon, Jun 21, 2016.

1. sundeviljon

Just took my first waypoint mission via Litchi... not sure why things are so blurry, as well as colors appear to need some serious correction.

I used a ND4 Filter, with the settings of D-Log; 1080x60fps iso100, and SS 100... but my video just seems incredibly blurry/dark.

I have not done any post work; so maybe thats the problem - I just couldn't help but think the video is supposed to be much sharper than this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jon

2. With The Birds

For a start you really shoulf have your shutter at twice or more the frame raye to avoid obvious blur (and closer to two times to avoid jello). You may be underexposed overall also.

3. sundeviljon

Ah crap; I meant to put 120SS in the body (like the title says).

Maybe underexposed overall though as you mentioned.

4. With The Birds

Easy to know for sure. Open your scopes in your editor and have a look at the levels. Bring the white point up and see how it looks.

5. NRJ

NRJ

Along with that, it appeared very overcast and ND filters are usually for very bright days. On an overcast day I usually just use the provided UV lens. Good luck.

6. sonof40

what are scopes?

7. WetDog

Most editors have displays that show a number of important parameters - think histogram on steroids. If this is an unfamiliar concept, not to worry - the lowly histogram will get you far. An the OPs image is way underexposed. Two stops at least. All cameras hate underexposure, especially little tiny ones.

The DJI Go app actually has a fairly good system for evaluating exposure. The histogram is easy to use and you can place the spot exposure point wherever you like. In the OPs video, he has the classic conundrum - light sky and dark ground. The camera decided to place the sky at mid exposure or something near that. Nice sunset but crappy everything else. When you underexpose, you lose detail - no photons. You just have to be careful setting the exposure. It's important.

8. sundeviljon

Thank you for all the comments.

I flew again this past weekend, using just the stock P3A Filter, at 1080x60fps, 100iso, and 120 SS speed (before changing it to a higher speed to compensate for overexposure). Definitely needed a ND on for this time...

Video image still doesn't look very good to me, or maybe I'm just driving myself crazy now?

Obviously have to get better at this...

9. Mako79

Your ND Filter is doing its job - blurring moving objects.
    In a still photo, if the shutter is left open, it's able to capture "movement", in this case, the water.
    [​IMG]
    Apply the still photo ND filter theory to every frame of your video, it will cause blurry motion throughout your video.

#9 Mako79, Jun 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  10. sundeviljon

Here is link from most recent outing (no ND filter, just stock filter)

11. flyNfrank

Go on youtube and take 5-10 minutes and learn how to tweak the Histogram feature. It will help eliminate a lot of the guessing when setting up the camera for sunny and cloudy days. It is also very easy to adjust when needed.

12. flyNfrank

I'd like to see a pic from the P3 as nice as this one here above.