Blurry Pictures on P3P

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I picked up a used P3P Monday and took it out tonight for a few pictures. The quality looks soft and not sure what I did wrong. I had it at 100ft and jpeg. I know that the quality is awesome on these things, but just want to know how to get the most out of it.

Thanks,
Rich

Attachments

• IMG_6300.JPG
    IMG_6300.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_6301.JPG
    IMG_6301.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 405
Try it in more light. Not at dusk, shutter speed was probably too slow.

Did you remove the plastic film over lens ?

The light is quite low as well.

This was happening with my brand new P3P
First thing to try is make sure you're not extracting the photos from the phantom via the DJI go app,
This causes bad quality,
Get them straight from the SD card,
Or it could be that the screws holding the camera sensor board are too tight and are causing it to be out of focus,
I was having the same issue with mine then I took the back off the camera off and loosened the 4 screws then tightened them back up in order and not so tight,
This cured my issue,
Or It could be as mentioned above,
Poor lighting on that day

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In the go app, check your camera settings. What ISO do you have set, is it in manual or auto? And as mentioned earlier, are you looking at the pics directly from the SD card or stored in the app?

Try adjusting the ISO number. Either set it to auto mode or when lighting conditions are poor use a higher ISO. ISO is essentially the camera sensor's sensitivity to light. Practice with that and remember using the higher ISO means grainier photos.

Or it could be that the screws holding the camera sensor board are too tight and are causing it to be out of focus,
I was having the same issue with mine then I took the back off the camera off and loosened the 4 screws then tightened them back up in order and not so tight,
Any idea how tight? Probably no torque spec, eh? I'm considering doing this myself.

Any idea how tight? Probably no torque spec, eh? I'm considering doing this myself.

They're were fairly tight to loosen off
I used a torx screwdriver then tightened up equally
There's a video on YouTube showing the correct way to tighten, corner to corner etc......
I'm sure there's a thread on here about it
I've searched and cannot find it
May be worth a look yourself
It's what I did on mine and it fixed it perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Lefty63
They're were fairly tight to loosen off
I used a torx screwdriver then tightened up equally
There's a video on YouTube showing the correct way to tighten, corner to corner etc......
I'm sure there's a thread on here about it
I've searched and cannot find it
May be worth a look yourself
It's what I did on mine and it fixed it perfectly

That wasn't the video,
But the photo on that thumbnail was the explanation from a thread on this forum that's not a video
But I'm unable to find it,
Just take the back panel off and loosen all of the screws then tighten back up equally but not tight
There is a reference mark inside for which one to do first
Mine was soft on focus in the bottom left of the photo so I made sure that the bottom left screw was done first and not tight
I can open mine later and take a pic if you wish
I tried everything possibly to fix mine then I found how to do that,
It instantly cured it

Reactions: Lefty63
That wasn't the video,
But the photo on that thumbnail was the explanation from a thread on this forum that's not a video
But I'm unable to find it,
Just take the back panel off and loosen all of the screws then tighten back up equally but not tight
There is a reference mark inside for which one to do first
Mine was soft on focus in the bottom left of the photo so I made sure that the bottom left screw was done first and not tight
I can open mine later and take a pic if you wish
I tried everything possibly to fix mine then I found how to do that,
It instantly cured it

this one?
Advanced - Blur/Focus problem in images? How to easily fix it on the P3 Advanced

Last edited:
That's the one yes
I followed that and my 3 day old P3P was perfect as it should of been to start with,
I wasn't too enthusiastic to be screwdrivering my new P3P but thought I would try it anyway, saves having the hassle of returning it if that would fix it, which it did

I have two P3P's. I'll try it out on the one with the worst focus issues. I'll do anything NOT to send them back to DJI.

Reactions: Liam_89
I have two P3P's. I'll try it out on the one with the worst focus issues. I'll do anything NOT to send them back to DJI.

I was the same I didn't fancy sending mine in so I took matters into my own hands lol and it fixed it so all good,
Let us know how you get on if you attempt it

That's the one yes
I followed that and my 3 day old P3P was perfect as it should of been to start with,
I wasn't too enthusiastic to be screwdrivering my new P3P but thought I would try it anyway, saves having the hassle of returning it if that would fix it, which it did

I am not crazy about opening it but need to do something as the video is awesome, but not the pics. I have been pulling the pics directly from the card instead of the app with no improvement either

Sorry just clocked the used part... If your going to open it up just loosen the screws 1/2 a turn and try it it's trail and error. Print if some focus sheets from Google print as big as you can and stick them down the bottom of the garden and allow yourself a few hours to get it right. Just don't rush it and take your time checking after each adjustment. It is frustrating but you will get there.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: rengle02

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1