Blurry Lens

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my Phantom 2+ for about a week and just happened to get around to uploading the photos to my computer. I noticed that the entire right side of my photo from top to bottom is blurry(about 1/8 of the entire pic). It's pretty noticeable as the left side is crystal clear. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do about it? I'm happy to perform minor surgery if it won't jeopardize the camera. Any input would help. Thanks.

Definitely no smudge, I've carefully cleaned and then put it in the air for more shots. Blur is still there...it has to be internal. I purchased this on dronefly but they are going to charge me to ship it back and repair it. I uploaded a photo but its tough to see the blur on here when the pic size has to be under 600kb. In the RAW file, I can see the detail in the homes on the left, however the hotels on the right are clearly washed out.

Attachments

• photo 3(1) (640x360).jpg
    photo 3(1) (640x360).jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 347
I think before I sent it back I might try disassembling the camera and checking the back side of the lens for an inadvertent fingerprint, or the sensor for a smudge. Disassembling just the camera doesn't appear difficult.

There was a guy who changed his camera lens a while back. It was posted in this forum, and there were videos on youtube of the disassembly. Search back in this board and you should find something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers