Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Blurry Lens

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by flyHI, May 23, 2014.

1. flyHI

Hey guys, I've had my Phantom 2+ for about a week and just happened to get around to uploading the photos to my computer. I noticed that the entire right side of my photo from top to bottom is blurry(about 1/8 of the entire pic). It's pretty noticeable as the left side is crystal clear. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do about it? I'm happy to perform minor surgery if it won't jeopardize the camera. Any input would help. Thanks.

2. 4wd

4wd

Could you upload an example?
    I do recall mention of a rather brave fix involving messing about with a screw inside to adjust focus.
    Might've been with a Vision though.

3. Dirty Bird

Look at your lens closely. Is there a fingerprint smudge?

4. flyHI

Definitely no smudge, I've carefully cleaned and then put it in the air for more shots. Blur is still there...it has to be internal. I purchased this on dronefly but they are going to charge me to ship it back and repair it. I uploaded a photo but its tough to see the blur on here when the pic size has to be under 600kb. In the RAW file, I can see the detail in the homes on the left, however the hotels on the right are clearly washed out.

Attached Files:

5. Dirty Bird

I think before I sent it back I might try disassembling the camera and checking the back side of the lens for an inadvertent fingerprint, or the sensor for a smudge. Disassembling just the camera doesn't appear difficult.

6. Dirty Bird

There was a guy who changed his camera lens a while back. It was posted in this forum, and there were videos on youtube of the disassembly. Search back in this board and you should find something.

7. flyHI

Awesome, I'll check it out. Thanks for the help.