Blurred pictures - Faulty lens?

Reaction score
I have recently noticed when editing pictures taken by my PV2 that in the bottom right corner of my pictures there is definite blur, with an out-of-focus look. I will attach some sample pics. Does anyone else have this issue, or something similar? I'm a bit new to the DJI brand and I am just beginning to look into the warranty details. Any tips/advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 588
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    32.8 KB · Views: 613
There have been reports of cameras with softness, usually apparent on either the left or right side. The people involved have been having units replaced by dealers on a case-by-case basis. I would sent the photos to your dealer, explain you are aware that it is a known fault on some units and requested a new camera unit.

Hopefully it will be straightforward - let us know how you get on.

Pull_Up said:
There have been reports of cameras with softness, usually apparent on either the left or right side. The people involved have been having units replaced by dealers on a case-by-case basis. I would sent the photos to your dealer, explain you are aware that it is a known fault on some units and requested a new camera unit.

Reports of cameras with softness??? As I have been reading this Forum, it looks to me like most people in here have that problem, including myself!

Much to my dismay (however, not surprised) I have yet to receive a response email from my dealer. I'm not sure if it is against policy to disclose the name of the dealer, but considering the money this 21 year old has spent on this unit and the utterly pathetic customer support I've received, WOW HOBBIES in ORANGE, CALIFORNIA HAS YET TO RETURN MY MULTIPLE EMAILS REGARDING THE FAULTY PRODUCT I HAVE PURCHASED FROM THEM. Will DJI have any sympathy or intervene at any point? Again, any help/tip/support to this newcomer (possibly newleaver) would be incredibly appreciated. Cheers!

Klaus said:
Pull_Up said:

Reports of cameras with softness??? As I have been reading this Forum, it looks to me like most people in here have that problem, including myself!
Yes, me too. Just received my replacement camera which is sharper in the middle but soft on the left (last one was soft on the right). I have read that this is caused by the lens not being centred but this has not been confirmed.

Not to discourage you but my first replacement was far worse than the original. At least 30% of every image was out of focus. My second replacement is the best so far, but dream on if you think you'll get a high quality camera on a P2V. The good news is that they are so fun to fly that you can forgive the camera, a bit. Someday I'll get a real flying camera, but until then I am having a blast with this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers