bluetooth tag's

Reaction score
Has anyone tried a bluetooth location tag on the drone ?

I know its not going to have a long range but just wondered if it interferes with the other signals in any way.

While it should not interfere, the range is only going to be about 30 feet. You'd be better off getting a GPS tracker that is able to emit an audible tone on demand.

In open space my dongle says a lot more than that, will test it to see how far it works.
The dongle i have beeps on requests and flashes.

In open space my dongle says a lot more than that, will test it to see how far it works.
The dongle i have beeps on requests and flashes.
I have seen Bluetooth dongles with little antenna attached and they claim range as 100'. Not sure if that's really feasible.

I think they're cool for little things like keys and other items that can't fly far from you. but they have limits that I just don't think are useful for locating your downed aircraft. BT trackers will let you know when you're getting "hot or cold" but won't give you a direct heading of its location. that wouldn't be a problem in a flat field of short grass but if you add trees or residential homes or elevation, you'll be hard pressed to find it with a BT tracker even if you know the general direction it went down unless you're still getting a feed from your remote and device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic