Blue Beam Ultra Antenna Set, Which is Which?

Reaction score
Just received my Blue Beam Ultra antenna set but the two antenna's aren't marked. Which is for the Tx and which is for the Rx. One has three loops and one has five loops.

TX has five.

a6012951-176-IMG_9373_RAW.jpg

I just got some from Amazon. Here's the description:

The BluBeam Ultra antenna set is a direct fit circularly polarized antenna replacements for your whip antennas. The new BlueBeam Ultra antenna set is mounted on a small but very stiff 2? cable extension. This allows the antenna to be free of Fresnel zone issues without the use of an extension cable. The integrateb baluns on the extensions prevent unintended interactions with extension cables or other equipment attached to the antennas. Contains TWO antennas: 3 lobe Airscrew (Previously Cloverleaf Ultra) (normally used on the transmitter), with straight SMA male connector. 5 lobe Mad Mushorrom (normally used on the receiver), with straight SMA male connector.

flyshasta said:
I just got some from Amazon. Here's the description:

The BluBeam Ultra antenna set is a direct fit circularly polarized antenna replacements for your whip antennas. The new BlueBeam Ultra antenna set is mounted on a small but very stiff 2? cable extension. This allows the antenna to be free of Fresnel zone issues without the use of an extension cable. The integrateb baluns on the extensions prevent unintended interactions with extension cables or other equipment attached to the antennas. Contains TWO antennas: 3 lobe Airscrew (Previously Cloverleaf Ultra) (normally used on the transmitter), with straight SMA male connector. 5 lobe Mad Mushorrom (normally used on the receiver), with straight SMA male connector.

That's how I have mine mounted...the 3-lobe on the Tx and the 5-lobe on the Rx. Technically they'll work either way (as EOS360 demonstrates) but I understood the method above is best for maximizing the benefit of this type of aerial.

OI Photography - "That's how I have mine mounted...the 3-lobe on the Tx and the 5-lobe on the Rx. Technically they'll work either way (as EOS360 demonstrates) but I understood the method above is best for maximizing the benefit of this type of aerial."

The point of the cloverleaf design is to give it omni-directional coverage and horizontal polarization, but there are nulls in the radiation pattern. The TX end has the advantage of being in the air, so adding more lobes on the RX end hopefully means you are less likely to find an orientation where the radio link won't work.

The Phantom in that picture (not mine) does indeed have it opposite. I have two sets of cloverleaf antenna and the RX end is 5 lobe for both. I should switch them up and see.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj