Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Romonaga

Was so excited to get home from work. I managed to kiss my wife hello before I proceeded to check in on my bird. She was as happy to see me as I was to see her.

We want to the open field by the creek, and it was clear she was eager to streatch her wings. She has 4 them and after being in her cage all day I could understand.

Today I told her to go far, I instructed her to fly east, way from the setting sun. She, flew perfectly, but half way into flight I noticed she lost some altitude, but quickly regained it. Seeing everything stable I told her she could keep flying.

After just over half a mile I asked her to come back, however this time I helped navigate her back, told her it was an important skill to have. She agreed and soon she was safely within my sights.

I let her speed around the open field, letting her practice her flying skills, soon I noticed her getting tired so I asked her to return to me.

Once she had landed, a very smooth landing I might add, I proceeded to help her fold her wings. It was then I noticed in horror, that 2 wings were bloody, as well as small blood splatter on her normally remarkably clean body.

I suspect, that she was hungry during her flight, chased a bug and processed to eat it. I simply must teach her better eating manners. I guess the dip in altitude was her chasing and eating a bug. Not sure what else it could have been.

Now, the worst part of this story is that I did forget to feed her some memory before we left and I had none on me, as such a long fantastic flight will only be a memory for my bird. I know totally irresponsible of me.

Norval, Mark C. and flpholt like this.
  2. ftttu

I'm amazed these things can splatter bugs but the blades do help. Since I want a clean machine, I thought about using a clear coat polish but I just use Armor All protectant. Bug splatter is easier to remove now from the body and the blades.

May your bird chase down and eat many more bugs!

Romonaga likes this.
  3. Romonaga

So this is common. Ok I won't worry, and yes armor all seems like a good fit. Keep her nice and shiny. Thanks.

4. Keniff443

No pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5. Romonaga

No, I should have.