Bloody Bird

Reaction score
Was so excited to get home from work. I managed to kiss my wife hello before I proceeded to check in on my bird. She was as happy to see me as I was to see her.

We want to the open field by the creek, and it was clear she was eager to streatch her wings. She has 4 them and after being in her cage all day I could understand.

Today I told her to go far, I instructed her to fly east, way from the setting sun. She, flew perfectly, but half way into flight I noticed she lost some altitude, but quickly regained it. Seeing everything stable I told her she could keep flying.

After just over half a mile I asked her to come back, however this time I helped navigate her back, told her it was an important skill to have. She agreed and soon she was safely within my sights.

I let her speed around the open field, letting her practice her flying skills, soon I noticed her getting tired so I asked her to return to me.

Once she had landed, a very smooth landing I might add, I proceeded to help her fold her wings. It was then I noticed in horror, that 2 wings were bloody, as well as small blood splatter on her normally remarkably clean body.

I suspect, that she was hungry during her flight, chased a bug and processed to eat it. I simply must teach her better eating manners. I guess the dip in altitude was her chasing and eating a bug. Not sure what else it could have been.

Now, the worst part of this story is that I did forget to feed her some memory before we left and I had none on me, as such a long fantastic flight will only be a memory for my bird. I know totally irresponsible of me.

I'm amazed these things can splatter bugs but the blades do help. Since I want a clean machine, I thought about using a clear coat polish but I just use Armor All protectant. Bug splatter is easier to remove now from the body and the blades.

May your bird chase down and eat many more bugs!

Reactions: Romonaga

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20