blinking red lights on forward arms?

Reaction score
Well, I've gone through 19 pages of post on "blinking red lights" and haven't found anything on issues I'm having with two "rescue" P2Vs. At start up, one unit has blinking yellow AFT lights and blinking red Forward lights. On this unit, I replaced all four motors because previous owner had removed prop guards and, (yeh, you know what he did next), ruined the motors with too long screws. Before I replaced the motors, the battery would shut off immediately after start up; understandable. After replacing motors, I get fwd red blinking and aft yellow blinking and that irritating beep that starts to get out of sink. When I turn on the TX, the aft yellow blinking turn to solid red. Beeping continues.??????????

The other unit was a fresh water "teabagger", that has been thoroughly dried, and is VERY strange at start up. Before turning the TX on, the two left side arms are green solid and the fwd right arm slow flashes red and the aft right arm fast flashes yellow. After turning on the TX, the aft right arm goes to solid red. Right front arm stays red flashing and that irritating beep. Both right side ESCs have been replaced with same results as before they were replaced.??? I have checked ALL connections for either corrosion, broken connectors, or any signs of faulty circuit board issues, and have not discovered anything obvious. :(

I have restored a dozen P2Vs and two P2V+s and have not experienced any of these issues. (yeh, I know, it was just a matter of time). Once I figure out these problems I will then know everything, right? :lol:

Has ANYONE experienced these issues before?

Looking forward to ANY suggestions.

Cheers,

Jim

Thought I would follow up on my own post in order to assist other "Pilots" of this issue. With regards to the flashing red and steady red lights; I found that the previous owner had been into the internals and plugged the main circuit board connector into the middle position of the Naza controller, instead of the lowest position. 'Voila, a normal, functioning P2V.

Now, to figure out the issues with the other one. Replaced 2 ESCs and still no difference. Will post results when resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20