Blinking light color

Reaction score
Hello all. Before my crash. I always got 2 blinking green lights in rear of plane. Now I only get one. Granted I've not been outside and don't know if it makes a difference. But after calibration no matter what. One light remains red. It blinks the same as the green so I don't know what to think. Any advice ? Or should I ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Check your manual and you'll find the key to the lights. If that same one never lights up that it's power connection must be severed.

Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 10.07.58 AM☀️.png

They should not be different colors. I was asking Tony to check the pattern to see if they were indicating SAFE TO FLY, NO GPS, which is what you would get indoors with no GPS. If the pattern is correct, I would start to suspect a wiring problem. Take the bird outside, and lock onto some sats. Do the leds now blink in a steady synced pattern, but still one red and one green?

Tony, when the two leds flash in sync, are they pulsing twice, then twice again, etc?
Yes. They are pulsing twice. I would not be concerned as all is firing up well. Not sure if the book covers this since it was taken completely apart. Will try and show video if it can post.
Here is link.

Last edited:
One light remains red. It blinks the same as the green so I don't know what to think. Any advice ? Or should I ignore it.
I tend to agree with @Multicoptertec . It seems to be normal other than its red instead of green, so I would also think wiring. When it was apart, were the wires cut and spliced? I recall that you lost the LED cover lens, but the LED board wasn't damaged was it?

I tend to agree with @Multicoptertec . It seems to be normal other than its red instead of green, so I would also think wiring. When it was apart, were the wires cut and spliced? I recall that you lost the LED cover lens, but the LED board wasn't damaged was it?
LED board was toast. THe new shell came with new LED's. When reassembled after a reflow, i must have knocked or missed a lead.

Tony, I will resolve it. tell me where your flying or if theres a meet and I'll show up.

In the mean time, there is no issue with flight.

That is my fault and I take responsibility for it. Our time always seems very limited. After the IMU issue was resolved, I reassembled and took her out to verify It was fixed. Then touchup on the shell. I hadn't powered her back on until you came over to pick her up. I should have caught it then. My apologies.

Yes. They were cut. I thought from the pulsing it was ok. Thanks.

LED board was toast. THe new shell came with new LED's. When reassembled after a reflow, i must have knocked or missed a lead.

Tony, I will resolve it. tell me where your flying or if theres a meet and I'll show up.

In the mean time, there is no issue with flight.

That is my fault and I take responsibility for it. Our time always seems very limited. After the IMU issue was resolved, I reassembled and took her out to verify It was fixed. Then touchup on the shell. I hadn't powered her back on until you came over to pick her up. I should have caught it then. My apologies.
No worries. Just wanted to make sure I won't have a fly away based on the lights. You have my full confidence. No problem.

We will probably go back to skyway when the weather is good. And at least look for lost bird again. Not sure when as weather conditions look very breezy next few days.

I'm game. Just keep me posted. Truck is finally clean again. Bed is organized and most of our gear is back in her. Just need to find my snake tongs...

Paul is coming over to my place Saturday at 9AM to pick up his P3S, maybe do a little flying in some open areas near me. Y'all are invited.
Sounds good. I know you are in Apollo Beach. Is there open patch of land to fly some distance?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj