Blinking Green battery

Reaction score
I just got my phantom, charged battery and went through the start process. After the initial flight of ten minutes I put it back on charge for and hour. Went to fly again and after starting up it went dead immediately. Now the battery just blinks green. Has this happened to anyone else?? I am so exasperated. I want to be flying!!

rwilliamsfoto said:
I just got my phantom, charged battery and went through the start process. After the initial flight of ten minutes I put it back on charge for and hour. Went to fly again and after starting up it went dead immediately. Now the battery just blinks green. Has this happened to anyone else?? I am so exasperated. I want to be flying!!

the battery charger blinks green? (or the Phantom?)

did you make sure to connect both the power and the balance leeds to the charger?

*it's recommended to wait a little while after flying to recharge a battery (at least 5 minutes I think i read, but you definitely want to let it cool down before recharging )

I've read a few times about faulty stock Phantom chargers, hopefully that's not the case, otherwise you might have to contact your dealer.

Yes, the battery charger (not the phantom-sorry). My status now is that when I plug in the battery to charge (and balance) it just blinks green. If I try to start the Phantom there is no power.

rwilliamsfoto said:
Yes, the battery charger (not the phantom-sorry). My status now is that when I plug in the battery to charge (and balance) it just blinks green. If I try to start the Phantom there is no power.

I'd call the dealer about getting a replacement charger perhaps.
as the battery shouldn't have gone bad so quickly.

did you charge the battery correctly? was it set to charge lipo instead of life? reason i asked was because i made that mistake before . basically what happened was that the battery did not charge at all. i got lucky and was able to correct this error by making sure the setting was correct and then recharging the battery. the charger will show blinking green, but i let it charge for an hour and it was back to normal. maybe you'll get as lucky as me.

when is the battery full ??
when the Blinking Green and red light is ... ore must the led blinking green only ???

noahnesha said:
when is the battery full ??
when the Blinking Green and red light is ... ore must the led blinking green only ???

I think red-green-red means its close to full while a solid green means its full and should be unplugged.

okay THXXX i plug it of all the time when a red -green blinking light ++****++
hope nothing is now going bad !!!

Their charger is pretty weak compared to a Lipo charger you get from RC hobby stores anyway. It takes an hour plus to charge a battery because it charges, then balances, charges, then balances then........

If you buy a decent charger and a " blinky" ( separate balancer) I can charge DJIs lipo in 15 minutes with this setup plus it's balancing at all times as well as charging at all times. You can also see exactly how many milliamps you have to go for a full charge. Charge off car battery, or wall plug as well

I have had the DJI charger stop at 4.18 and balance for 10 minutes then finish in another 10, thats ridiculous

photo_zps894a8e8c.jpg

They want to me to exchange the phantom as they have never seen this before. Wait until next week to fly I guess...

I have the same problem. I have four batteries and two DJI Quadcopters. All of a sudden the one chargers I have started blinking green no matter what battery I attempted to charge. Even when I do not have a battery connected it still flashes green. I've charged them several times before, all the while on the correct settings. I thought it may be the charger so I opened up the new one I have and it does the same thing. I can't believe I have four bad batteries and two bad chargers. I contacted the manufacture and they had no idea what was wrong a recomended I order another battery, which I have. I've never let the batteries run completley out. I'll let you know if the new one works. I'm pretty dissapointed so far. :evil:

So, my new batteries arrived today. I ordered 2 of the DRCNEFLY.COM 2250mAh 11.V 3s from Dronefly.com. I charged one of batteries, it charged completley, and works great. I emailed support at dronefly three days ago, where I purchased it, with the same information has on post. The following was their exact response:

Hello, you have two points of connection with the charger correct? The yellow plug and the balance lead into the side of the charger. IF you do and it is not charging, we will have to send you a new battery charger. You'll need to send in the one you have now with a copy of your order confirmation so we have your customer ID and address to ship back to.

At this point, I have no confidence they know what they are talking about. :|

I've tested this, the OEM charger doesn't really balance the batteries well. Get a battery checker that can read each cell, and a better charger. If you have a good capacity checker that will also balance your batteries, that will help with the OEM charger. But it's a good idea to get a better charger that has more options. Good luck!

I've gone through 6!!! batteries due to the blinking grenn light. I called DJI support and they said they have never heard of that happening, imagine that. One person told me it was the charger. Well, I had a brand new charger in addition to the one I already had and it charge the battery. I thought the stock batteries may be week, so I bought two upgraded batteries at 50.00 a piece. I used them three times each, and then the flashing green light. They would not charge as the four other would not. So I called Frank at DJI, he said he would send me another battery that day, 7 days later, no battery. I love the DJI and how it flys. Why can't they get the battery issued fixed. I may order another battery and charger from: http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?p ... 11&cat=398 if the battery from DJI goes dead, which at this point most likely will happen. Does anyone have any experience with the forementioned site? I'm really tired of the frustration and costs of ordering batteries.

Had the same issue yesterday after having my P1 returned to me after being lost in the wilderness of Southern BC for 2 weeks - green slow flashing LED on charger - found that the battery was flat i.e. .265DCV - the charger won't charge it in that state - put the battery on a car battery charger for a few minutes (12DCV) and then back on the LiPO charger and it charged it properly with the proper LED(s) indications.

Reactions: tyler9734
Yea this is a known method.

However some damage has been done to the battery and it may not actually recover satisfactorily.

Either way keep an eye on it, as they say, cause compromised LiPos are dangerous.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost