Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Blemish in video

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by Timsytanker, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Timsytanker

I have a small mark in the top right hand corner of every video I shoot now. It's always in the same place same size, never moves, when I watch the vid using Windows I can see it. Cleaned the Gopro lens with a spectical cleaning wipe but it's still there. When editing in Premier the mark is evident but when I take a screen shot and look to edit it in photo shop it's gone! Any ideas what it is? I am formatting the SD card at the moment but have opted for the long format and it's taking a while.... Will try another card as well.

2. PhantomPhreak

Most likely it is dust on the sensor. Not much you can do. Post a sample for further diagnosis.

3. 4wd

4wd

If it is dust rather than a dead pixel I have had some success dislodging it by sharply tapping the camera on something hard like a table top.
    Depends on what it is, you can get sticky bits but sometimes it seems as though mainly static holds fibres in place.

4. Timsytanker

This is a screen shot saved from Photoshop, no mark in top right hand side of photo, will have to clip a short vid with the mark in it, it looks like a short white line.

Attached Files:

5. Timsytanker

I am confused as to why I can see it in Premier but can't see it in a screen shot imported into Photoshop.

6. Timsytanker

Forgot to add that I connected the Gopro to my television via an HDMI cable and there was no blemish to be seen. Recorded a flight and it was back...