Bleach makes it brittle...

Reaction score
So a week ago I decided to dye my tracking device holder and gimble guard... Well... It didn't work out as good as dying the props. It made it look like the dye was a marker pen that's been rubbed off.

Anyway I decided to put the tracking device holder and gimble guard in pure 100% bleach over night to turn it pure white again. That's when I discovered that both items just fell apart the very next morning after I rinsed it off with water and dried it.

Just wanted to pass this info on as someone might do the same... Esp if it's to get rid of any marks on the actual shell. Hope this info will be of some help out there. [emoji4]

Neon Euc

could use whiteout (paper mate) :D. Actually I had better retract that as somebody is sure to take it seriously.
I have been considering crop marking dye on the props though.

Reactions: Neon Euc
could use whiteout (paper mate) :D. Actually I had better retract that as somebody is sure to take it seriously.
I have been considering crop marking dye on the props though.
Rite dye is really good for props [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Yeah Neon Euc but I have 40 litres of marker dye in the shed. Be a shame to waste it on plants. I'll try it on a broken propeller & let you know.

Yeah Neon Euc but I have 40 litres of marker dye in the shed. Be a shame to waste it on plants. I'll try it on a broken propeller & let you know.
Def keep us updated as it would be good to know the outcome [emoji4][emoji4]

Neon Euc

There's a reason you severely dilute bleach before using it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen