Blarney Castle No Fly Zone

Reaction score
This sign is posted on the way in to Blarney Castle so I alao asked for permission and got a no go to fly drones at Blarney Casel in Ireland. I brought my drone from the USA and getting the feeling Ireland doesn't like drones.

Attachments

• 1447093665180.jpg
    1447093665180.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 493
I just spent three weeks in Ireland and the only place that officially restricted my flights was Blarney Castle. Given how commercialized it is I have no doubt they care more about their loss or revenue than anything else.
That said, I voluntarily didn't even try to fly in places that would be in violation of the IAA guidelines. 50 meters from people not under your control. 150 meters from buildings etc.
For me that voluntary grounding meant no flying at the Cliffs of Mohr, Causeway of the Giant, Dowth, Newgrange and Nowth, Bunratty and Donnegal. However there are so many amazingly beautiful places to fly that I flew and filmed at least once a day for three weeks. BTW, the people were freaking amazing and friendly. Not one jerk in the lot! I hope you enjoy your flight time as much as I did.

What are the places to fly? You did good flying once a day, its been raining off and on and more on than off. But the one place I thought would be Ok with a flight said no as it was just misting at that time. I was thinkg of flying some rivers in Dublin then on to Belfast to try a raid on Game of Throans at some distance of coarse.

First time I have seen one of those signs. Yes the Irish are generally very pleasant,and enjoy "The crack",you may need to Google that,but if you have been there, you will know.
I have had only good experience with people who see me flying,they are interested,and I spare time to let them look at my Nexus 7 display,we have to project a positive image of our sport.
Did you enjoy the Guinness?

Last edited:
What are the places to fly? You did good flying once a day, its been raining off and on and more on than off. But the one place I thought would be Ok with a flight said no as it was just misting at that time. I was thinkg of flying some rivers in Dublin then on to Belfast to try a raid on Game of Throans at some distance of coarse.
Check out some of the places I flew on my YouTube channel. I have about 11 or 12 already posted. Search for 48920jeff.

First time I have seen one of those signs. Yes the Irish are generally very pleasant,and enjoy "The crack",you may need to Google that,but if you have been there, you will know.
I have had only good experience with people who see me flying,they are interested,and I spare time to let them look at my Nexus 7 display,we have to project a positive image of our sport.

Yes the Guinness is better in Dublin for a obvious reason but I drink it at home in the states also very good. Where do you fly in Ireland? I'm disappointed with Blarney Castle but thats thier decosion. Im thinking places like that would encourage drone activity in the off season.

While you are checking out YouTube you should look up DroneGirl also. She flies different places in Ireland every week. Great ideas for places to go.

While you are checking out YouTube you should look up DroneGirl also. She flies different places in Ireland every week. Great ideas for places to go.

Thanks for the suggestions and help. Powerscourt falls is interesting video and maybe I will go there. Any other Ireland sights that are not on the drone iffy list in Ireland.

One of my favorites was Black Castle. Clifden has the Alcock and Brown Memorial which is the monument to the first transatlantic flight. It's very special if you are flying and videoing near it.

One of my favorites was Black Castle. Clifden has the Alcock and Brown Memorial which is the monument to the first transatlantic flight. It's very special if you are flying and videoing near it.

Thanks I will put that on my list.

Yes the Guinness is better in Dublin for a obvious reason but I drink it at home in the states also very good. Where do you fly in Ireland? I'm disappointed with Blarney Castle but thats thier decosion. Im thinking places like that would encourage drone activity in the off season.
Thanks,I live in England, and have often visited Ireland ,both NI and the republic, but not flown there. I originate from Liverpool,which is often quoted as the capital of Ireland,and like many I have Irish ancestors.
Hope you enjoyed the Irish hospitality.
PS I love the States as well,Greetings from UK

It's 'craic' not 'crack'. A crack is when your trousers (pants) are too low from the back. We are conservative...no crack here :)

Reactions: Jeff48920
Wonder if they know Mal .:)
Pretty sure most of Dublin knows Mal.... and given his abilities to do videos inside centuries old churches AND admit to dropping his P3 into the sea...most of Ireland should have a pretty good feeling about drones.;)

Reactions: dirkclod
How was airport security and customs going into Ireland with the P3P?
I'm going in March (unfortunately after the registration mandate)

For me, in July through August, it was easy as pie.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj