BlackPearl vs Boscam LCD5802

Reaction score
Mav456 said:
Upon inspection, it appears the BlackPearl is inferior to the LCD5802 although the BP has a higher resolution.

If it has a higher resolution how can it be inferior? There is nothing wrong with the brightness on the Black Pearl and brightness surely is a secondary quality after resolution; price doesn't make something inferior. You'll find many many users who are more than happy with the Black Pearl. You must have seen a duff one. :shock:

Does it really matter in the end? I would venture a guess that 99% of the people using an FPV monitor is using it to frame shots. As long as I can see what my GP see's I for one am not too concerned about res and screen brightness

I've seen some really great reviews and some really bad ones. Looking on this site and others I can't seem to find an answer. But for those it worked for it worked well.

FASTFJR said:
Does it really matter in the end? I would venture a guess that 99% of the people using an FPV monitor is using it to frame shots. As long as I can see what my GP see's I for one am not too concerned about res and screen brightness

I couldn't agree more. It's a pointless comparison.

I'm currently deciding between those two monitors as well, and I think my decision is just going to come down to whichever one weighs less. The main reason I want to give up my current 8" monitor is that it's just too bulky and heavy with the external receiver and batt to carry around on my transmitter all the time, even on a strap.

crchisholm said:
So what did you end up getting? Are you happy with it?

I ended up sticking with the 8" monitor I already have after looking at a black pearl and a boscam 5802, mine beats them both on brightness (by an appreciable margin) and that can be very valuable outdoors even if you're only using it to frame shots. Mine also seems to be useable at a wider range of viewing angles.

I have the 8" "Feelworld" monitor, too! I think it's excellent - good picture and it runs for hours from a 2200mAh Lipo I have velcroed to the back of it. As you say, it's relatively heavy, so I always use it on a camera tripod.

After several weeks of experimentation I've decided that I far prefer to have my monitor on a tripod rather than on the Tx. Not only does it make the Tx much lighter, but it's also much closer to eye level, meaning that when I glance at the monitor I'm a lot less likely to lose sight of the Phantom in the sky. I always try my best to keep the Phantom in view, even if it is only a tiny dot in the distance, just in case I lose the FPV signal. After a recent bad experience, I've rather lost confidence in the RTH capability, so I want to be able to fly it back manually if I need to do so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20