Blacked Out FC40

Reaction score
Ok so I was skipping through eBay not long ago and found a brand new in the box fc40 shell for $40 shipped so I decided to grab it and black it out.

Since its plastic Im using an adhesion promoter/primer. I chose white so I'll be able to see any spots that were missed or covered thin. I've done plastic painting before and know once you use an adhesion promoter you can use any rattle can paint and it will stick. I'm also adding a "flat" clear over the black.

I started by cleaning the shell, removing all the little stickers and removing the battery door.

Next I masked off base of each light to allow the lights to reflect better. I placed a piece of tape inside each light opening then smoothed it out with the butt of an exacto, then I trimmed it.

Here's the paint I used. I chose that particular black because of the sweet semi flat finish, and because it's what I had on the shelf. The flat clear assures it stays flat looking and gives it a protective coat. I've used this flat clear on a bunch of projects and it works great.

One coat of white adhesion promoter/primer.

Finished product with one coat promoter, two coats flat black base and one wet coat of flat clear. Turned out awesome!

I'm going to wait a week for everything to get nice and hard then I'll do the assembly so stay tuned.

chaghal said:
looks incredible, was going to do this myself
Thanks! I'll be putting her together next week so updates to follow!

Stealth black professional

Attachments

• 1463665243768.jpg
    1463665243768.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 369
Reactions: Carlo Napoli
Yes it does look like mine have upgraded your aerial to a good antenna on the craft not just the wires

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20