Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Black video, no image!

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Help' started by simoncv, Jul 24, 2015.

1. simoncv

It's been a few times that happened to me : I record a video sequencebut when I playback it's just a black image. The QuickTime is playing and the file is the length of what I recorded but there is no image! The infos shows normal datas like if everything was normal. I think this might happen when I turn off the battery too quickly after landing but I can't tell for sure. Does anyone knows why it happens? And is there a way to recover those files? Even VLC won't play it.

2. Erikdom

Hi simonsv
    Just import in iPhone and opening with iMovie.

3. simoncv

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately I can't download any more videos on my iPhone, only pictures. it worked the first week and then it never worked again!

4. Mako79

the files are not finalised by the phantom if you do not press stop.
    Insert the SD card back into the phantom and power up and this should finalise the vid.
    If that doesn't work, use the DJI app to play the file on your smart phone/device to ensure its finalised..

AzDroner and aartsf like this.
  5. JMilborn

I have a P2 Vision Plus and have never been able to get FPV feed on my Samsung Note 4. I re-binded, uninstalled the vision app and re-installed it. I have cleared the cache, put it in airplane mode. NOTHING seems to get the live video feed. Is there a site with older versions of the vision app? I know I found a site once and downloaded an older app version on the phone and it worked. I lost the site?

Jimmy

6. aartsf

That is the right answer!

7. SkyDude

Or... http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/

Just drop the problem file on the djifix.exe file in Windows Explorer and it will be repaired! ;)
    Only small minus is that a few seconds at the end are lost, but this is perhaps unavoidable no matter the method of recovery...