Black screen only when turning FPV on

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to ask for guidelines / troubleshooting tips for my fpv since this is my first time setting it up..
I have: P2 + GoPro Hero 3+ (silver) + Rx-Lcd5802 + ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8Ghz + dji iosd mini

I've installed it using a solderless approach.. I've bought the ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8Ghz from 4kdrone on ebay..

I've attached and updated my iosd mini and now it shows the iosd mini display (flight status, sattelites etc) but still black screen..

Thanks!

cheers

youngstownph said:
Hi,

I would like to ask for guidelines / troubleshooting tips for my fpv since this is my first time setting it up..
I have: P2 + GoPro Hero 3+ (silver) + Rx-Lcd5802 + ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8Ghz + dji iosd mini

I've installed it using a solderless approach.. I've bought the ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8Ghz from 4kdrone on ebay..

I've attached and updated my iosd mini and now it shows the iosd mini display (flight status, sattelites etc) but still black screen..

Thanks!

cheers

Gopro on?

Try turning phantom on first then gopro.
Or Gopro on first then Phantom.

Has the Gopro ever outputted to TV via RCA before?
Just make sure the AV on the plug and play cables are correct. I've on some kits, its the reverse.

make sure the gopro region settings are the same as your FPV screen. PAL = PAL and NTSC = NTSC

If you have an h3-3d with the bus connector upgrade, you need to power on the Phantom, wait for the gimbal to initialize, then power on the GoPro.

Mako79 said:
youngstownph said:
Hi,

Thanks!

cheers

Gopro on?

Try turning phantom on first then gopro.
Or Gopro on first then Phantom.

Has the Gopro ever outputted to TV via RCA before?
Just make sure the AV on the plug and play cables are correct. I've on some kits, its the reverse.

make sure the gopro region settings are the same as your FPV screen. PAL = PAL and NTSC = NTSC

Thank you very much.. haha.. GoPro is off.. Turned it on and the screen went live.. Had a problem with scrolling lines on the monitor though.. Tried the NTSC/PAL change but still a no go.. Any suggestions guys?

There is grounding issue with the gopro. No anti interference board will fix it.

3 options. If you want to charge on the fly.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=24836

Or tape the flex cable and leave the lower 2 pins exposed. Cant find linky. This will disable charging. Make sure you have full gopro batts other you will fly blind if dead battery

Last option... live with it.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I will try the suggestions made by LMC and will post the results here..

Hi Mako,

I applied the ground hack that you suggested and it worked great.. I get clear reception with a little bit of interference but it was unnoticeable.. very satisfied with it though.. although I just get 200M distance and signal starts to degrade..

cheers

I messed up on this because as I solder the add-on wire, the soldering lead filled up the female pin so I have to find other pins to replace it.. thankfully I found one on the spare..

This is the reception after I attached the ground hack..

Attachments

• 20150207_165136.jpg
    20150207_165136.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 575
  • 20150207_165312.jpg
    20150207_165312.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 596
youngstownph said:
although I just get 200M distance and signal starts to degrade
i've got the same transmitter, ImmersionRC spironet antenna's & can only get a "barely" watchable view at 260metres

I cant help you much from here as my phantom is a hybrid vision plus with a h33d gopro using the dji app as fpv.

From previous experience, ive only ran avl58 with the black pearl.
I know the immersionrc has different transmitter frequencies than standard. I think they are 5740 5760 5780 5800 5820 5840 5860. You need to find a receiver that accepts those frequencies best. The fatsharks are dedicated to them as they made by the same company.
http://blog.oscarliang.net/immersionrc- ... ansmitter/

Yes. But since I'm just using this for covering wedding/events, atm I'm satisfied with the distance.. will probably replace my IRC 600mW tx soon...

Mako79 said:
I cant help you much from here as my phantom is a hybrid vision plus with a h33d gopro using the dji app as fpv. /

Mako: I am interested in setting up my Vision plus with the H33d and gopro. Can you provide any information on how you integrated your system so the dji app functioned for fpv video? What functionality did you lose, if any, and what did you retain? Are there any sources (video/forum posts) you used that explains the wiring/integration? Any issues I should watch for?

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4