Black Screen of Death fixed at STC Electronics

Reaction score
This weekend after updating my Phantom to the latest firmware, I ended up with the black screen of death. I got telemetry data, but no video. I tried everything I could, updating the firmware again, rebooting, re-installing, re-pairing, pretty much everything that people have suggested on here.

I tried calling DJI on Monday, but after getting the "we're too busy, call back later", I tried calling STC Electronics in NYC (I'm in NYC) to see if they do warranty repair work. The guys there were NY "friendly", but said yes, and bring it in, they could probably have it fixed while I waited! When I took it in today, David did a quick test, agreed it was the black screen of death and they changed out the Wifi board right then an there! An hour later I had a working Phantom 2 Vision+

The parts were covered under warranty, but they did charge me for labour (about $50). But considering it would have taken me how many hours to get a hold of DJI to get an RMA, ship it to California then wait up to 4 weeks go get it back, it was totally worth it for me since I'm leaving on vacation in a week and want to take it with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.