Black Screen / No Live Feed

Reaction score
Hello guys. This morning i powered on the Phantom 3 Pro and after 2-3 minutes of POWER-ON (NOT FLY, it was just powered on over a flat table), live feed video disappeared.... the camera IS WORKING because i can see videos and photos inside the SD Card... everything is working except the live video. I tried almost everything, change cable, change devices, re-link RC, reinstall App and upgrade the FW to the latest 1.3.20. I checked the 2 small ribbon cable that you can see outside of the gimbal, but they are ok.

Any other suggestion???

Check and make sure Bluetooth is turned off. Also check the amount of free memory your tablet/phone has,for live feeds, DJI recommends almost 3 gigs of free space. May not help at all but worth checking.

bluetooth is off, and the amont of memory is ok! i even tried multiple devices btw.

Last thing I can think of is to reduce the frame rate from 30 fps to 15 fps and see if it picks up. You are showing connected to that SSID and getting the other OSD telementry data onscreen right?

There are countless reports of this now..... DJI released information that it was an improper chip set. This would either mean a design error in the circuit layout, or its a component that did not get flowed to the board properly.

After seeing the disaster of the first Vision 2+ wifi units being inadequately cooled I was able to save a couple hundred of them. Perhaps I will find a fix for these now failing gimbals. Having a micro fan on the case certainly presents the possibility that DJI blew it again. That little fan is nothing in comparison to the whole gimbal case acting as a heat sink.

Jeremy

Jeremy,
FWIW, i had 3 gimbals here in the past 2 weeks with the same issue and i ended up replacing the stock gimbal cable and it brought
the video back. not sure if DJIs cable is brittle at some places or something but that was the case in all three of the gimbals with these
same symptoms.

just FYI.

Had an issue on my 3rd flight after the update... basically.. i usually push the phantom to 2km away.. fine... the 3rd flight was 1.9km away and suddenly lost signal video and the android app stop working ..panic...launched the pilot app again...nothing.. just a black screen as it was not connected at all...nothing ...for at least 6 never ending minutes then suddenly the phantom itself back in to my hand landing perfectly on the ground at the home. ...while the app wasn't still connected. ..

Last thing I can think of is to reduce the frame rate from 30 fps to 15 fps and see if it picks up. You are showing connected to that SSID and getting the other OSD telementry data onscreen right?
Black screen, with every setting. i contacted DJI and they told me it can be a lightbridge fault. ****, 1500€ for a faulty product and now i have to wait AT LEAST 60days before i can fly again. totally unacceptable.

I had a similar issue but found that I didn't have the sd card reinserted. Once I reinserted it it and rebooted it came on immediately.

What firmware ? I had same issue with ipad air after latest update yesterday. I changed rc cable from ipad to iphone. Everything was ok with iphone and changing back to ipad that worked too. Mystery thing.

tried with the latest 1.3.20, with the old 1.2.6 and with the 1.1.9. no differences. tried multiple cables too.

I got my P3 pro last week of July. I flew it 4-5 times with perfect seamless sharp live video feed onto my iphone 5s (also used my wife's iphone 6). Then while flying on 8-4-15 I experienced horrible video feed to my phone. I thought it was maybe because it said I needed to update the firmware. New firmware came out that day and so I updated it that night and flew it 2 days later (8-6-15) and to my disappointment it was not any better, if anything it got much worse on my second flight yesterday. When i installed the firmware update i got successful results on the drone and the RC. Also updated the iOS app to the new GO app. What the heck is going on?

Hey guys, just made an account to post what I figured out on this problem. Brand new Phantom 3 Standard, worked like a charm out of the box but no live feed, but was still able to take video and stills. Here's what I did to get it working (LG Nexus 5x, latest Android Marshmallow):

- close everything and all apps on the phone (even DJI Go). Nothing should be running except system processes
- turn off cellular data
- I left bluetooth on (but did not test with it off)
- keep wifi on (obviously)
- open up DJI Go, reconnect to Phantom

Hopefully this will work for everyone!

Does anyone know how to download the older version of the DJI Vision app before they did the update and screwed up the visibility to what the camera sees on the vision 2+? I've read that if you can get back to the older app, the app will then see what the camera sees.

Hopefully someone out there knows how.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj