Black Screen Issue Few Seconds after tuned on

Reaction score
Hello guys im having this issue since 2 days ago, i turn on the phantom 4 Rc first then the bird, everything comes up few seconds after is on screen goes black stops showing gps signal and and Drone signal which shows drone icon next to gps says N/A, then few seconds later just says disconnected, i can control the drone i can fly it, camera moves up and down is like i dont loose any controlling signal only the software capabilities, i tried several devices android nexus 6, iphone 6s plus, ipad mini it seems same issue happening almost like it was in the module of the remote or signal coming from the bird, any ideas will be really appreciated because unfortunately i found that dji has the worst technical support ever when it comes talking in the phone. thanks.

FYI i already had the latest firmware installed since it came out, it just started happening out of the blue, not crashes or anything.

Reactions: Helgo
ok here is the update last night i decided to take apart the module where you plug the usb on the remote, since i thought it had to be between the remote and the device (phone, tablet, etc) and i use one of those spray to clean circuits bought it of a car parts shop, spray all my usb cables and even my iphone 6s plus where you connect the usb-c port, and tried the drone again and IT WORKS JUST FINES, i took it out flew it everything back to normal, so i guess ill take it as lesson every once in awhile i will clean the connectos of the remote and phones or tablet to keep everything fluent.

i thought i post it just in case someone start having similar issue, cause it was driving me crazy. take care guys.

also since i had the hdmi module on remote, you may need to do this to get everything back to normal, for anyone that has the hdmi module installed.
VERY IMPORTANT I FORGOT TO POINT OUT.

P.S. make sure firmware is updated otherwise will not work correctly. ;)

How to fix the no signal issue from a sudden lost of USB connection and no HDMI output function.
If you suddenly lose signal to your tablet phone and or HDMI output, simply reset your USB board.
1. Remove the 4 hex screw from the back of the USB module.
2. Slide and Unclip the HDMI board.
3. Gently release the black tab securing the ribbon cable by lifting towards you.
4. Use a tweezer to ease the ribbon cable out.
5. Turn on the RC and turn OFF.
6. Carefully push the ribbon cable back in.
7. Lock down the black tab to secure the ribbon cable.
8. Reinstall the HDMI module
9. Screw back the 4 X hex screws.
10. You have reset your USB board and you are back to normal function again.
Enjoy and safe flying.
Credits to : Lynh Phan

Last edited:
Reactions: Grizz1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20