Black ribbon data cable to camera connection

Reaction score
The tiny plastic piece that snaps (holds down) the data cable to the camera board of my P2V+ became mishapen during a recent repair, so it is doesn't fit anymore. Anybody have any suggestions to remedy this? Could I use a hot glue gun on this cable?

The tiny plastic piece that snaps (holds down) the data cable to the camera board of my P2V+ became mishapen during a recent repair, so it is doesn't fit anymore. Anybody have any suggestions to remedy this? Could I use a hot glue gun on this cable?
I highly recommend NOT using a glue gun or any adhesives around these circuit boards. I come across this a lot, as I buy used, non-working P2V+ cameras, that I repair, several of which have been damaged by DIYer's who haven't looked at a uTube video before attempting a ribbon cable replacement. I HAVE been able to replace missing or damaged clips, providing the connector they fit into isn't damaged. I save my non-working circuit boards for this very purpose. Which board is it? Roll or pitch? They are both identical in appearance but have been factory programmed for their specific function.

Jim

Thanks Jim. I believe it is pitch, as it is the board on the back of the camera. I'm not getting any sort of connection from the gimbal/camera/WiFi so I think the new cable is bad. I did watch YouTube videos before and during install but I imagine it takes some practice. So, how do I get this little part? Mine doesn't fit.
I'll attach a pic

Last edited:
I highly recommend NOT using a glue gun or any adhesives around these circuit boards. I come across this a lot, as I buy used, non-working P2V+ cameras, that I repair, several of which have been damaged by DIYer's who haven't looked at a uTube video before attempting a ribbon cable replacement. I HAVE been able to replace missing or damaged clips, providing the connector they fit into isn't damaged. I save my non-working circuit boards for this very purpose. Which board is it? Roll or pitch? They are both identical in appearance but have been factory programmed for their specific function.

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20151017_133343407.jpg
    IMG_20151017_133343407.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 392
Did you ever figure this out? I bought one on ebay that has the little lock tab missing and the ribbon connection want stay in place.

Did you ever figure this out? I bought one on ebay that has the little lock tab missing and the ribbon connection want stay in place.
No. I was waiting for Jim's input but I guess he's an ***-HOLE. I am working on a workaround but am using a gopro interim. So they shipped it like that?

I bought it "used and as is" so I expected it not to be perfect. I thought it just had a broken ribbon cable but then I seen I couldn't fasten it to the camera. I've since took it apart and selling the individual pieces on ebay.

if you need the camera module let me know. have like 20 of them in perfect condition.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik