Black Perl or Boscam Monitor??

Reaction score
Have a Phantom 2 and a ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter I'd like to pair up with a display. Are both fully compatible? Thoughts on which one before I pull the trigger on one?

I had done a lot of research on the matter and found that DSLR Pros had a winning package, but the price was a little steep. I also saw a couple of videos, namely the HPI Guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... L8pqtEDuos

I looked at all the monitors too and everything said Black Pearl.
image.jpg

Now that I have a Black Pearl, I am glad I chose it. It comes with an enormous glare shield (easy to assemble) and it's own power (battery). The inputs and output support everthing you need and it's lightweight. Best of all, it wasn't overpriced. Oh, another cool thing....no blue screen when it goes blank (if it does).

The Boscam is brighter and image quality is a litle better.

Check my other video when i compare both si de by side.

I looked at all the monitors too and everything said Black Pearl.

Thanks, I've been back and forth between the two but I think I'm going with the BP. Like you said, everyone seems to point in that direction. What mount are you using?

Yes, I see the videos...very nice to have that comparison. It's great when someone puts out more detailed info that a biased manufacturer would. I plan on using my Skyzone goggles a lot and using the monitor as secondary.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to subscribe to your videos!

s2kboy said:
Black pearl with 600mw immersonic I get crazy range with this set up

What kind of antennas are you using as my video keeps breaking up around the 1000m mark?
I have same setup as you.

LeoS said:
OI Photography said:
rilot said:
What's that mount you are using that connects to the neck strap point?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FPV-Display-Mou ... 1c38ac8520

Thanks. I was about to hit 'buy it now', but where do you attach your straps with that thing installed?

In either of the two holes next to each other on top of the balance arm. Take a look at it in the pic on the 1st page of the thread and you'll see those are the only places you can connect the strap once it's installed.

Fair warning though, I've seen mixed reports about that monitor mount, and this may be a better option when using either the Boscam or Black Pearl monitors: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6239

OI Photography said:
In either of the two holes next to each other on top of the balance arm. Take a look at it in the pic on the 1st page of the thread and you'll see those are the only places you can connect the strap once it's installed.

Fair warning though, I've seen mixed reports about that monitor mount, and this may be a better option when using either the Boscam or Black Pearl monitors: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6239

Ahh alright. Cheers then, saved me some potential grief :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20