Black Pearl won't charge

Reaction score
Has anybody had this same problem? I plugged my black pearl in the wall for almost 8 hours today after I got it and the light never turned green like it stated it would. When I unplug it it will not turn on. It only works when plugged directly into the wall? What could be the issue here thanks!

Make sure that the battery is seated properly in the backside. Also check to ensure that the "brick" that is in line on the charger lights up when you plug it into the wall. When i received mine, the AC cord from the wall to the "brick" was faulty and it didn't light up. Once i used a different 2 prong cord, i was good to go.

I've checked the prongs multiple times and its in like it should be. Also the light on the wall charger does light up and work properly, Ive even used two separate ones. Just to make sure I do charge it via the DC in jack on the black pearl right? It powers on fine when plugged into the wall just as soon as I unplug it the thing won't turn on. Anything else I could be doing wrong or do I have a faulty battery?

Correct the DC IN. It could be the case of a faulty battery. I would pop it off to ensure nothing is stuck in the fins.

Everything is touching as it should be. I can tell because When I leave it plugged in the red light is on as if its charging but when I take the battery out the charging light turns off. Also after several or so hours of charging instead of the light turing green as it should it just turns off.

Yeah, something doesn't sound right. I would reach out to your supplier and see about an exchange. Charging the battery is as straight forward as it could be. I'm thinking bad battery

Ok i'm going to stop by on thursday and see what they have to say. Sadly I got the last one they had so I won't have another one for a while : (

I just bought one from Amazon a few days ago and had the exact same problem. I shipped it back today and should get a new one by Friday. Maybe a bad batch of batteries out there.

Mine seems to charge, but the battery graphic on the screen indicates usually 50% charge.

Let me know what you guys find out, I too might have a defective charger.

That said, I haven't run out of battery power yet so I assume it's charging!

Glad to hear you got it sorted out

I just purchased the 801 Black pearl this week from Amazon and experienced the same issue. Date code on the box is 2015, so looks like this issue is still not fixed by the manufacturer. Glad I can just ship it back. I'm wondering if I should take my chances on another Blackpearl, or if I should go with something else? Any recommendations?

Same thing happened with my first Black Pearl, but it was an open box item from Amazon (it was supposed to be new). I figure someone else noticed it didn't charge and returned it to Amazon and they just resold a defective item.

I'm planning to bypass the embedded battery entirely since I power my external RX and goggles off the jacks on the black pearl. The battery has always been a little finicky for me.

I really do like the black pearl otherwise, it has given me plenty of room for expansion with all its connections for both power and video.

I just had this problem with a unit that was not used in awhile. Plugged charger in DCIN and light on for 20min then light goes out. No charging. Unit powered up plugged in. Also noted no battery icon on screen when plugged in. I fixed by using a spare 11.1v lipo to input power into the black pearls battery pin2 - and pin 3 + for a couple of minutes. It then charged normally. Looks like if the battery voltage gets too low the screen won't detect it and charge it.

Hi everybody, I've been searching everywhere to no avail.. Ideally how long should a full charge should take with the now included wall charger/box

I just had this problem with a unit that was not used in awhile. Plugged charger in DCIN and light on for 20min then light goes out. No charging. Unit powered up plugged in. Also noted no battery icon on screen when plugged in. I fixed by using a spare 11.1v lipo to input power into the black pearls battery pin2 - and pin 3 + for a couple of minutes. It then charged normally. Looks like if the battery voltage gets too low the screen won't detect it and charge it.

I seem to be having the battery charge issue. This is brand new to. What exactly did you do to fix this?

I had this exactly same problem. I got a replacement battery and everything works great now.

I contacted the seller and told him about the charging issue and right away he said the black pearls have been known to have faulty batteries. He offered to ship me a new battery to see if it fixes my issue. If not he'd exchange the whole unit.

Is it that the battery is faulty and not the unit itself most cases?

Not usually one to reply to old posts, but wanted to say that I recently purchased a BP RC801 and the battery is defective. First charge out off the box, LED showed green after about an hour. As soon as the charger is removed, charge indicator dropped to 75%, then 50% in less than a minute and only ran for about 15 minutes before shutting down. Two charges later and it runs for less than 5 minutes on battery power. Vendor, DPCAV.com, sending a replacement. This monitor/receiver is working well for me, so I hope I can get a good battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers