Black Pearl Monitor Antenna Question

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering purchasing the Black Pearl 7" FPV Monitor with built in RX and battery. I noticed that there are 2 antennas with this device. Would it benefit me if I get (2) SpiroNet antennas for clarity and distance for the monitor or would the supplied antennas be just fine?

Are all "cloverleaf" type antennas the same?

My Immersion 600mw vTX has the FatShark Spironet antenna installed (from ReadyMadeRC).

Thanks!!

The stock rubber duck antennas will give you poor range. The black pearl is a diversity receiver so it will swtich between the 2 antennas depending which one has the strongest signal. So having 2 the same will not give you the best performance. You would want something like Cloverleaf on one and something more focused and directional on the other, like a helical or a planar type. Search (advanced) back throughout the forums, there are tons of threads discussing the merits of each type. I suggest that you listen in on what others have already said rather than starting a repeat conversation. Have fun.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Use a direcctional antenna and a omni direcctional to get the best of both worlds, not 2 cloverleafs, that is a waste of one antenna on the LCD because its not doing anything, only one will be used.

Read more about a diversity system and you will understand why you need 2 dfferent antennas.

GhostMaster said:
Use a direcctional antenna and a omni direcctional to get the best of both worlds, not 2 cloverleafs, that is a waste of one antenna on the LCD because its not doing anything...
Is that not what i said? ;)

After thought: If you are buying, best getting a 'matched' set of 3 antennas.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

IrishSights said:
GhostMaster said:
Use a direcctional antenna and a omni direcctional to get the best of both worlds, not 2 cloverleafs, that is a waste of one antenna on the LCD because its not doing anything...
Is that not what i said? ;)

After thought: If you are buying, best getting a 'matched' set of 3 antennas.

Yes you are right, sorry.

tpawyant said:
Thanks guys. Anyone have a link to a recommended set?
What country you in?

Sorry I'm UK

tpawyant said:
GhostMaster said:

Thank you Ghost.

I have a quick question about all of this. Since I will only be using the stock radio for a while, considering its distance limitation, compared to aftermarket radios/Rx (Futaba, etc) would a set of Spironet antennas be adequate?

The lastest DJI radio its great, you can get arround 1.5km with it, If you want to spend less money yes just order some cloverleaf from the link i posted (they are great, maybe better than the immersionrc spironet).
The best i get a cloverleaf set and a helical (5 turns its enough).

GhostMaster said:
tpawyant said:
GhostMaster said:

Thank you Ghost.

I have a quick question about all of this. Since I will only be using the stock radio for a while, considering its distance limitation, compared to aftermarket radios/Rx (Futaba, etc) would a set of Spironet antennas be adequate?

The lastest DJI radio its great, you can get arround 1.5km with it, If you want to spend less money yes just order some cloverleaf from the link i posted (they are great, maybe better than the immersionrc spironet).

Thank you again Ghost. To be clear, the set of cloverleaf would be installed as follows: One on the Immersion vTx, one on the video RX. The Helical would be installed on the second port of the video RX. What about channel and band selection? Any specific one works best?

Thanks!

tpawyant said:
GhostMaster said:
tpawyant said:
GhostMaster said:

Thank you Ghost.

Thank you again Ghost. To be clear, the set of cloverleaf would be installed as follows: One on the Immersion vTx, one on the video RX. The Helical would be installed on the second port of the video RX. What about channel and band selection? Any specific one works best?

Thanks!

Yes you are right, channels try the first 4 channels in the video tx, first one most times will give the best range.
Dont forget to never ever power up the video tx without antenna, because it will burn in less than a second...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl