Black Pearl Monitor and ImmersionRC Range Problem. Advice?

Reaction score
I have a P2 with 600mw immersionrc tx and black pearl monitor with duel receivers. I have the duel fatshark spironet RHCP antennas; one on the immersionrc Tx and one on the black pearl. The other antenna on the black pearl is the stock rubber duck.

So I keep losing ranger between 200-300 m, even in a field. I read that the black pearl and immersionrc have incompatibility issues (and even found a post on this site about it but couldn't find an answer) but then again some people make this setup work at 1km. Is there anything I can do since this setup has worked for some people? I should mention that the black pearl on diversity mode seemed to prefer the rubber duck instead of the spironet, or maybe it just prefers antenna slot 2.

So, any ideas if I can fix this? If my only route is to buy new parts, do you recommend buying a new transmitter (that works better with black pearl) or buying a new receiver (that works better with immersionrc Tx)? I really just want to get past 300m, I really do not think that is asking a lot considering the equipment I have. I am new to this so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Also, I have been using band F on black pearl in channel 1 (5740mhz) and channel 4 (5800mhz).

I am new to this site and FPV in general and usually go on reddit. I wish there was a way I could reward someone if they give me a tip that actually helps me fix this problem. (like reddit gold)

Re: Black Pearl Monitor and ImmersionRC Range Problem. Advic

Here are pictures of my setup, excuse the wires (I bought a single FPV wire to replace them but stripped a screw on my phantom body lid so I can't hide them, but thats a different problem)

http://imgur.com/a/WS7Pt

Also, the blakpearl is the SMA version.

come on guys, i just want to ******* fly already

<upvote>

I think the first thing you need to do is change the orientation on your video transmitter antenna, the mushroom dome needs to be pointing downward rather than straight out the back like in your pics. You can just bend a gentle curve in the mast so it ends up 90deg downward from how it is now.

Also, check on the underside of the mushroom dome and make sure you see "5G8 TX" stamped in the plastic.

...and just double-check that the antenna on the Immersion Tx is actually SMA has well.

Haha, yep everything is 5.8 and everything looks SMA. (all antennas are male and have a pin, transmitter and receiver are female with no pin.)

I usually do have the antenna pointed down at 45 degrees, I was just trying out horizontal that day. I will try 90 degrees today like you said. (I have been rotating the antennas so much that they now freely rotate without rotating the actual connector, I hope I didn't break anything)

Do you think mounting it on the leg/landing track would be better? The only think is the weight would be off-centered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub