Black Pearl Battery Recall

Reaction score
Has anyone received this? I just got this email. Apparently the batteries for the Black Pearl Monitors are being recalled and you have to take the battery apart and send back the board. I'm not sure I'm comfortable taking a battery apart.

ra9yte5y.jpg
tegu4e7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhern

I have 2 BP batteries I received before that date, if they're defective they should send me new ones, end of story. Why should I be without my FPV screen when I could just as easy send them the old after I receive the new ones?, they could even include a return shipping envelope. When Flysight first released the BP they didn't even come with batteries until later, I guess they rushed through the testing phase to get them out and now expect us to make up for their mistake. What's the warranty on these?

come on guys be realistic as a supplier I know where they are coming from everyone will want new batteries they don't have to do this under there law they are being honest and helpful its not rocket science to take the board out and send back they are even covering postage , they say they will send new batteries out to those people who send back the boards , and that is the best way because it makes the batteries safe to dispose of I reckon they are doing the right thing so stop bagging them and thank them for supporting YOU
pete

I understand that pete but we're talking shipping to and from China. That means you can't use your BP for at least a month if you're lucky! So send us the batteries and we'll send back the old ones; same result for them.

ResevorDG said:
Is black pearl a 3rd party brand?
If I got my batteries with my Phantom I am ok right?
They are referring to the batteries that come with the black pearl fpv monitor..... Not the actual phantom battery.....

... 'bought the battery at the earliest time' - before 31st March 2014, so basically all of them then! :lol:

Great :roll:

The link: http://youtu.be/yzEDE7wzy40

(@dorianclive: Cheers for sharing, may have never know about this).

To me, the letter seems worded for vendors, not end users. I would expect to hear from my vendor. Unless of course they choose not to deal with the recall ??

Sending us the batteries before we send them the original is not typical recall procedure is it? Trying to remember if Apple, GoPro or anyone else has done that.

Now taking them apart....that sounds like a vender function.

no the way it normally works is you send the damaged goods back and we the wholesalers then send out replacements , I have got a lot of savox servos going back to manufacturer to be check as for warranty that can take up to 6 weeks so yes sometimes it does take time but hey they could have just shut up and not none anything they have been upfront and honest , I would suggest anyone that is another country send them an email explaining that you would not be able to fly fpv for a month while battery is away and ask if they would send it first and you will then ship yours back but remember when you have a faulty product and you read the terms it always states its your responablity to ship the product back to them so I think they are being very fair
just my two bobs worth
and no I don't sell them I sell 1/5th scale off road rc cars

Buk said:
To me, the letter seems worded for vendors, not end users. I would expect to hear from my vendor. Unless of course they choose not to deal with the recall ??

Sending us the batteries before we send them the original is not typical recall procedure is it? Trying to remember if Apple, GoPro or anyone else has done that.

Now taking them apart....that sounds like a vender function.

This PDF file was attached to an email I got from the vendor (Troy Built Models). I'm going to call them tomorrow for some clarification on all of this and share it with everyone.

Sent from my iPhern

Jaybee said:
... 'bought the battery at the earliest time' - before 31st March 2014, so basically all of them then! :lol:

Great :roll:

The link: http://youtu.be/yzEDE7wzy40

(@dorianclive: Cheers for sharing, may have never know about this).

This forum has helped me so much. It would be wrong to keep all of this to myself! :)

Sent from my iPhern

I mailed my reseller (in France) this morning about this recall, and got a reply. The recall notice has been sent to resellers and the video was only for their own use. Then, then advise customers NOT to try to do what is shown in the video. Resellers will do it.
They will know next week from Flysight, the correct way to get a replacement battery.

Please note this will be different for UK customers since you are covered under the Sales of Goods Act 1979.

Your contract is between the retailer and you NOT the manufacturer. You can argue that the product is not fit for purpose (which it isn't if there is a product recall) and your retailer will have to replace the defective item. It is then up to them to deal with the manufacturer.

Is there anyway to see the manufacture date of the Black Pearl 2? I just ordered this week and should probably check if mine is affected when it comes in?

Thanks!

mcmax20 said:
I understand that pete but we're talking shipping to and from China. That means you can't use your BP for at least a month if you're lucky! So send us the batteries and we'll send back the old ones; same result for them.

I agree the the lag time would be a month.

Remember you don't need the builtin battery to power the BP. It first came out without a battery and we all used a small ext 3s and it worked great.
Actually I use it still to charge the BP if in the field.

Tom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj