Black pearl AV out to second screen/laptop

Reaction score
How do I share the diversity BP screen with my laptop? The laptop has a vga port but there does not exist a AV jack to vga cable.

Are you sure your laptop has a VGA in? Most laptops only have HDMI or VGA outs..

Thanks for reply. Actually it's not my laptop, it's my dads. He wants to try and use his laptop as a second screen so he can see better in the field. He told me it had VGA in and I just accepted it, which is daft as I fix computers for a living and I have these sort of problems all the time (people making such mistakes). And now that I think about it, it is VGA out.

Is it possible to share the BP screen with a laptop screen? If not, are there any other options for viewing transmitted video on a bigger screen?

You would need a small AV capture card - most likely USB.

This would connect to the BP and give you a slightly delayed, larger picture.

You could also just use a TV screen - provided you could sort out the power supply, but many TVs these days have an external power supply, so you would only need a suitable battery and to make up a cable.

After much "more" reading I've come to the conclusion that other than a capture card as suggested ^^ that laptop is not ideal. As for buying a larger screen, to buy a dedicated fpv screen would cost around £250. I'm going to have some fun and build a monitor from a old laptop screen. This can be done cheaply as I have a 15 inch and a 17 inch screens available already. The first screen (15inch) will go into a "ground station" type box and will have a sun screen. The 17ich is from my old 3k duel graphics card machine. The laptop is huge, it can house all the gubbins once the motherboard and heat sinks are removed. It will make a very interesting/unusual FPV monitor. Of course it will need a sun shade too but I have a very neat and tidy idea for that.

Something I have not seen anyone with multiple monitors explain is how they get the image to show on another screen. Do they use a repeater or a cable from the AV outs on their receiver to the monitors. I watched a video of a guy building a ground station using a car reversing screen. He used goggles but wanted his friends to see the video feed. I messaged him but he didn't seem to understand the question. I asked him how he got the image from the goggles to the monitor. He said he used a ImmersionRC UNO 5800. I don't know if he ment that his goggles don't have a receiver built in and he just swapped the cable from one to the other, or if he had two receivers picking up the signal at the same time.

I have multiple monitors (3 to be exact). They are all diversity receivers, so they all receive the video feed without any cables.

You can just buy an external receiver for the monitors you have.

Ok thanks, it's great to finally have that cleared up. Got my eye on the ImmersionRC 5800 Duo V4. It is £175 from all stores in the UK, except from the HobbyKing UK warehouse, they have it for £100!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20