Black pearl 7ch or 32ch

Reaction score
Which is the better one to go for, i hear the 7ch is better if using the immersion 600 but thats about all i know. Not picked a transmitter yet but at present it looks like i am going for a 400mw to save battery power and going to opt for the FPVLR premium combo Antenna pack which i hear nothing but good reports about. My goal is rock solid FPV out to about the 1.5km to 2km distance. Didnt even know there was 2 different model black pearl monitors until now so this has opened up another can of worms and may cause me a problem as buzzflyer in the uk i am buying my P2 and bits from only sell the 32ch version.

Hey Leekiya, I think you will be very satisfied with the 32 channel BP. I HAD the same unit, I say HAD because on March 12 it went down in a swamp and after 5 days of searching with 4 people, no cigar. I've still got the BP, but nothing to connect to. The reception I got was great with a 400mw vTx and some cheap clover leafs and a panel on the BP. If you hook up with the FPVLR combo, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I have read some good stuff about the 7 channel version as well, but don't have experience with that. Can't wait to get a replacement bird and get back in the sky. Good luck and safe flying...

leekiya, Rebelyell is correct right now the ONLY known transmitter/receiver issue is with the ImmersionRC 600mW and the 32 channel BP display. literally any other combo of devices is fine, so say you're getting that 400mW TS353 many people around here love, you'll be fine with either.

If you want to save a few bucks, the RX-LCD5802 works great also but of course whatever you prefer.

I also run that FPVLR premium combo and I've been out just under 2k and the FPV was as solid as when it's sitting right next to me, as long as you keep the helix pointed at the phantom (technically the FPV transmitter) of course.

transmitter antenna placement is key as well, to avoid dead zones. some people tuck their transmit antenna way up by the body, or out to the side and the gimbal can cause "dead zones" think about it like if you're turning the Phantom and the gimbal gets between you (the receiver) and the FPV transmit lobe. just something to keep in mind, especially at longer ranges

Hi. I have the IRC 600mw and BP 32 ch screen and had lots of problems with the reception, very poor picture and lots of jumping about. I bought the Uno 5800 receiver to use with the BP screen and now everything is superb, 100% better.

bburnflyer said:
Hi. I have the IRC 600mw and BP 32 ch screen and had lots of problems with the reception, very poor picture and lots of jumping about. I bought the Uno 5800 receiver to use with the BP screen and now everything is superb, 100% better.

indeed, that's the compatibility issue I mentioned before and is commonly known around this site :)

literally any other receiver than the BP 32ch works fine

Anybody say if this does not look any good, i only plan for that because it is included in the FPV package with the black pearl monitor and mini iosd and monitor mount for the controller for £300 all fitted to the P2 for me which is not a bad price here in the uk.

I'm running 32ch with flysights 400mw transmitter with all stock antennas . The furthest I've been is 1050m and the picture still hadn't cut out!

Yes just compared the pics on buzzflyers website to pics of a flysights 400mw and they look the same and im guessing there a good 400mw transmitter to go with so im happy with that. Didnt think it would go as far out as 1000m with stock antennas tho so thats good. There are a few things buzzflyer sell and dont state what model or make it actually is for some reason, i had to ring them to find out what make there long range monitor was and they confirmed it was the blackpearl.

Hey leekiya, that Flysight 400mw is what I'm using (see sig) and I think you'll be pleased. I ended up using Band E and Channel 8, but didn't do a lot of experimenting with different selections. When you get the gear airborne, let us know how you like it. Fly safe...

I actually have tried both models with with my P2 Hero3 and ImmersionRC downlink.

Black Pearl recommends the 7 channel model for use with the ImmersionRC, but I bought the 32 channel Black Pearl initially. It worked just fine, but I ended up returning it because the setup menu quit working (firmware bug). In exchange, I bought the 7 channel Black Pearl. Basically, I think the two models worked about the same.

Frankly, I have never had the highest expectations for the video downlink. I mainly wanted one to help me aim my camera, and I added the iOSD Mini, so now I get flight telemetry on the monitor too. But I never expected or wanted to get beautiful, realistic FPV images without any picture breakups. For that, I'd probably get goggles.

I found that by turning up the brightness and turning down the saturation, the picture is bright enough to see what I want in bright sunlight. It's bright enough that I usually don't even mount the sunshade.

Yes i am struggling in the uk as no body sells the 7ch version with there p2 fpv set ups, spoke to a few company's today who both sold the immersion 600 in there fpv combo packages with the 32ch and said they have never heard of any problems with using them both but on flysights website they say them selves it will work but not as good, but buzzflyer who know there quads and what there on about sell the flysight 400mw Tx in there FPV combo which will save my battery as well so im going with them. I just hear they are not as small so dont fit as neat and get a little hotter than the immersion so have the heatsink. Not really looked at a goggle set up mainly because you can only use them with a spotter down at my flying club which is good to fly at with the big airspace they have and for meeting up with other people who fly them. Shame tho because i guess the immersion 600mw will go a lot further than the 400Mw flysight but hay ho.

i just bought a black pearl and have no idea if its a 7 or 32 ch...

how do i know which model i bought?

thanks!
carlos.

MrC said:
Can you change band to anything other than band F? If you can then it's the 32ch version.

i have:
mode div, band e, channels 1-8
mode rx1, band e, channels 1-8 (rx-1, rx-2)
mode rx2, band e, channels 1-8 (rx-1, rx-1)

hdmi and av in

so i guess i have the 7ch...

You change the band in the settings, what you list is just flicking through the different modes (Diversity, just the left antenna, just the right antenna, hdmi, av) you say its on band e not f so im guessing its the 32ch version.
Got a link to where you bought it? Does it have SMA or RP-SMA antenna connectors? The 32ch one usualy has RP-SMA and the 7ch SMA.

Attachments

• SMA-RPSMA.png
    SMA-RPSMA.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 419

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj