Black Pearl 7 and TS832 - what channel?

Reaction score
Hi!

Just got my hands on the TS832 tx, but I have a hard time getting my channels tuned in correctly to work with my Black Pearl 7 monitor.

Anyone have any recommendations on what channels to use?

Cheers!

Hiya,

I have the TS832 and Black Pearl (32ch) as well. The back of the TS832 box shows the 32 available channels I believe.
And the last page of the BP monitor manual has a table on it displaying also 32 channels.

So I compared and selected quite randomly a channel and band/frequency that's available on both the TX and RX.
From the top of my head I used frequency 4, channel 2.

So comparing those tables and find something matching is the best way to go, there should be multiple options.
Do you also have a TX and RX that both have 32 channels (or 8)?

Cheers!

Adriaan24 said:
Hiya,

I have the TS832 and Black Pearl (32ch) as well. The back of the TS832 box shows the 32 available channels I believe.
And the last page of the BP monitor manual has a table on it displaying also 32 channels.

So I compared and selected quite randomly a channel and band/frequency that's available on both the TX and RX.
From the top of my head I used frequency 4, channel 2.

So comparing those tables and find something matching is the best way to go, there should be multiple options.
Do you also have a TX and RX that both have 32 channels (or 8)?

Cheers!

Hi Adriaan24!

Thanx alot for the information.
From what I can see from the back of the tx box (ts832) and the manual of the Black Pearl 7 the 32 channels listed are exactly the same, so I guess all of them work?

When I match the frequencies and channels between the vx on the ts832 and rx in the menu of my black pearl I get a pretty solid picture. The only thing is that my range is not as good as I had hope. Before I had an AVL58 vx and a way cheaper monitor and I think I had a better picture then. :/

I had hope this new investment of a better vx (ts832) and rx (black pearl diversity mode) should give me a better range....but it seams not...

With the frequency on 4 and channel on 2 (number "42" on the ts832?), how good range do you get? Do you get a lot of distortion and jitter on the screen? On the Black Pearl I would tune in "Band F, channel 2" in order to match frequency 4 and channel 2....right??

What exactly do you mean by "Do you have a TX and RX that both have 32 channels (or 8)? I have the Black Pearl 7 and TS832 vx, soo YES, I guess I have 32 channels(?) :)

That was a lot of questions...sorry! :) I hope you will have time to answer them.

Cheers!

I have the TS832 and a Boscam LCD5832. I set mine to Channel 34 because I read on another forum where a guy measured signal strength of a TS832 on all of the channels and it put out the strongest signal on 34. I just got my monitor last week so I haven't had an opportunity to try the various channels but 34 seems to be working pretty good for my purposes.

To get the best signal you'll really have to try them all. The TX output changes on the various channels plus local interference and weather conditions can affect your reception. The best way to improve your range is with better antennas. I have a circular polarized on one receiver and a panel antenna on the other. There are a number of threads in this forum on best antennas. You should use the search function and read them.

Hi Engan01,

It could very well be that both the TX and RX list the exact same channels, I can't fully recall or check at the moment.
But yes, if they match then you could select any of them. I tried a couple channels and all of them gave a picture when matched.
But it could be that certain channels provide slightly better range due to the reasons that joeflyer mentioned, that would be a matter of experimenting but differences are probaby minimal.

What range did you have with the AVL58?
What range do you have now?

I only did one range test yet on frequency "4" and channel "2" (indeed displaying 42). I have some distortions from time to time but nothing really bad. I made it to 1024 meters line of sight from home point (125 meters in altitute) with reasonably stable image. Only when I rotated I had some extra image loss but not to the point I was unable to see what I'm doing, it was workable still. And yes that would be Band F on the Black Pearl. But I can't confirm for 100% that those are my settings as I'm somewhere different as my quadcopter and can't check.

What I was saying about the 32 channels you can probably ignore, but I heard there's also 8 channel transmitters and recievers and then it might be harder matching frequencies.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

Adriaan24 said:
Hi Engan01,

It could very well be that both the TX and RX list the exact same channels, I can't fully recall or check at the moment.
But yes, if they match then you could select any of them. I tried a couple channels and all of them gave a picture when matched.
But it could be that certain channels provide slightly better range due to the reasons that joeflyer mentioned, that would be a matter of experimenting but differences are probaby minimal.

What range did you have with the AVL58?
What range do you have now?

I only did one range test yet on frequency "4" and channel "2" (indeed displaying 42). I have some distortions from time to time but nothing really bad. I made it to 1024 meters line of sight from home point (125 meters in altitute) with reasonably stable image. Only when I rotated I had some extra image loss but not to the point I was unable to see what I'm doing, it was workable still. And yes that would be Band F on the Black Pearl. But I can't confirm for 100% that those are my settings as I'm somewhere different as my quadcopter and can't check.

What I was saying about the 32 channels you can probably ignore, but I heard there's also 8 channel transmitters and recievers and then it might be harder matching frequencies.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

With my AVL58 I got maybe 500-600 meter I would say. It's about a month ago I had it installed so I can't really recollect.

I tried my setup a little bit more today. Used the Ground Station and a pre calculated out to 750m, and I actually still got a pretty decent picture. I used frequency 3 and channel 4 (34), but I think other frequencies and channels will do just as fine.

Currently Im using a cloverleaf vx and cloverleaf rx on one of my antennas on the Black Pearl. On the other I have a basic rubber duck that came with the package. Waiting for a patch antenna to replace this with and hopefully get a better picture and range. Planning on pushing it further out today to really see where my line of range goes. It's sunny and clear so why not test the limit! ;)

Wish me luck cause I need it. :p I can only do this range test over the sea (to much hills and stuff inland), but I feel comfortable with the ground station. :)

Nice to hear it's decent at 750m! :) I might test freq 3 chan 4 range to see if it makes any difference to other settings at some point.

Just a free tip: some TX or RX devices don't like it when you power them on whitout an antenna attached. The black pearl is probably protected against this but instead of the rubber cap you might as well attach the stock antenna. If the cloverleaf is picking up a better signal it won't use it anyway.

I got some cloverleafs in the mail still, attaching those will yield to more range experiments!
It's also sunny here in the Netherlands, where are you situated?

Adriaan24 said:
Nice to hear it's decent at 750m! :) I might test freq 3 chan 4 range to see if it makes any difference to other settings at some point.

Just a free tip: some TX or RX devices don't like it when you power them on whitout an antenna attached. The black pearl is probably protected against this but instead of the rubber cap you might as well attach the stock antenna. If the cloverleaf is picking up a better signal it won't use it anyway.

I got some cloverleafs in the mail still, attaching those will yield to more range experiments!
It's also sunny here in the Netherlands, where are you situated?

Oh, with the "rubber duck" I meant the stock antenna. Im using the diversity function so two antennas is a must have. :)

Im situated in southern part of Sweden on the west coast. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl