Black landing gear

Reaction score
Well it finally happened today. My first crash involving a tree that moved to close to my P4 that was roughly 40' up.

What an agonizing experience to watch it fall hopelessly from branch to branch and ultimately to its final resting place upside down on some snow packed ground.

2 broken props, 1 broken Polar Pro landing gear extension, not that big of a deal.

However I also noticed a crack in the stock landing gear up wear it attaches to the main body. Also that little cover popped out on the inside of the leg. What a pain that was to try and snap back into place without breaking that little tab on top (which I did).

Anyways my problem is due to the fact that my buddies all have the white versions, so I decided to be different and go with the black addition sold at Best Buy.

That's where lies my problem.

Where in the world can I buy the black version of the landing gear?

I'm sure mine will hold up as long as those trees don't jump out at me again, but I'd like to have a replacement set ready to go just in case.

Any help will be much appreciated!

DJI does not sell replacement parts in black. You might be able to find a used set somewhere if ever needed in the future.

Or paint the whole thing black!
e3e0d74feb0b6055c9addff00b0ecc13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thats what I was afraid of. You'd think they'd sell parts for both version colors.

I mean they sell the black batteries and props (in which I've dropped big money on with 5 batteries). And though I'm just a novice at this I can clearly see (now) that this is an obvious vulnerable part.

Now what would happen if I had a much more damaging crash to where it would've have to be sent in for repairs?

Would they replace it with a white leg?... I'm assuming not.

I think DJI needs to consider the needs of us who have gone to the dark side.

Which I may add that my drone is so much easier to see on a clear blue sky (as well as cloudy), than that of my buddies white ones.

With all that said, has anyone successfully dyed their DJI Phantom parts black with good results?

I've been in R/C (gas/electric car) for quite a while now and have yet to be happy with the results when dying parts black.

And paint just doesn't do it for me....I have yet to find a paint that really adheres to plastic. And yes I've tried the good ones.

Now I realize that I'm nit-picking and can easily just throw on some white landing gear. But I really like the all black scheme...

A lot of people have had good results with Rit dye. See more details here.

I'm still searching for the paint code for the black p4's. Dji customer service was zero help.

Dupont phantom grey is close but hard to find. I wrote a post on here about it matching Airwolf.

The black p4's are just painted, so paint will stick if the surface is prepped properly. Anything can be painted to match...just need the dang color.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj