Black Friday Deals...

Hi Guys,

This may not be the place for this, but I have been reading the forum and watching youtube videos on the Phantom for severak hours now. I have been interested in the Phantom since I saw it during a DefCON briefing in August, but it was too expensive to jump in. When I saw the Amazon deal it seemed a lot more reasonable, but of course still expensive.

I have been doing hobby RC for awhile off and on now. I researched it a lot when I purchased my Blade e-flite CX2 and then I've played with the little $29 smaller units. I upgraded the Blade like crazy, but my area was just too windy to use it. We have ~10-25 MPH winds at all times, and the Blade was too big for indoor use and I was not into getting into sims for the larger units - although I bought the cable for the CX2 -> PC and one of the flight sims ( cannot remember the product ).

My question(s):

1. Given the wind am I better to go with a better quad for indoor use? Something like the Hubsan X4 V2 H107L 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter RTF vs. the Phantom?
2. I live approximately 1 mile from a pretty big naval station and will flying this thing, even at line of sight, in my yard, will this pose a problem? If I do keep the order, should I reach out to the base or wait for the MP's to close in and question me? I am guessing that I will want to fly it on the beach once I gain enough experience to use it safely.

I appreciate any guidance - thank you!

duijver said:
Hi Guys,

This may not be the place for this, but I have been reading the forum and watching youtube videos on the Phantom for severak hours now. I have been interested in the Phantom since I saw it during a DefCON briefing in August, but it was too expensive to jump in. When I saw the Amazon deal it seemed a lot more reasonable, but of course still expensive.

I have been doing hobby RC for awhile off and on now. I researched it a lot when I purchased my Blade e-flite CX2 and then I've played with the little $29 smaller units. I upgraded the Blade like crazy, but my area was just too windy to use it. We have ~10-25 MPH winds at all times, and the Blade was too big for indoor use and I was not into getting into sims for the larger units - although I bought the cable for the CX2 -> PC and one of the flight sims ( cannot remember the product ).

My question(s):

1. Given the wind am I better to go with a better quad for indoor use? Something like the Hubsan X4 V2 H107L 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter RTF vs. the Phantom?
2. I live approximately 1 mile from a pretty big naval station and will flying this thing, even at line of sight, in my yard, will this pose a problem? If I do keep the order, should I reach out to the base or wait for the MP's to close in and question me? I am guessing that I will want to fly it on the beach once I gain enough experience to use it safely.

I appreciate any guidance - thank you!
Hi duijver- welcome. Suggest you put this up as a separate post. Think about putting your location in- there may be guys with 1st hand experience of that area. Those winds are going to be a problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl