Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Black and White Maps while trying to cache?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Scradam, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Scradam

When I try to cache my maps , it isn't very well defined and no colors are present. It basically looks like a negative. Other places are crystal clear. Just wondering if this is because they don't have every place highly defined, or if I have a setting messed up somewhere ? I can find well defined maps on Google Earth / Apple Maps. Just don't seem to be able to on the DJI GO app. Also have it on wifi.... Any thoughts?
    ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444571108.798220.jpg ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444571184.851101.jpg

2. 4wd

4wd

So far as I know DJI Go uses google maps, you can even view the area in google maps app beforehand, and DJI Go can access the same cache.
    In your example it does look like you are zoomed in more, you do sometimes find areas without the higher resolution at full zoom.

3. Scradam

Thanks for the tip. I tried your advice. Here is the google maps image I can get. Went back into the DJI app and still get the same image. Kinda stumped. ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444609468.599197.jpg ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1444609503.317769.jpg